58 Day Street
As Accounting Manager your responsibilities will be to document all processes and accounting procedures. Develop a high performing accounting team will be key to success as well as working closely with others within the organization to reinforce and develop solid business practices. In addition, the Accounting Manager will serve as a key internal resource for technical accounting initiatives and questions; and supporting ad-hoc projects and analysis. Communication skills, integrity, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a start-up environment are crucial for this role.
- Overseeing and helping complete all aspects of financial accounting including journal entry preparation, cash & treasury management, prepaid expenses, accruals, fixed asset accounting, accounts payable/ receivable, payroll and other general ledger account postings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Conducting monthly close along with financial statement review and variance analysis
- Overseeing monthly management reporting, including actual vs budget analysis and other reports as required
- Generating supporting schedules and reconciliations to accompany the organizations' financial statements
- Collaborating with team members and entering timely budget updates in financial system quarterly
- Continuously improving, streamlining and developing best practice with regards to accounting and management reporting
- Supporting other departments within the organization on accounting issues, daily accounting tasks and other business decisions
- Participating in and compiling information for filings, including annual 990 tax return, indirect cost proposal and external audit
- Leading and managing all department process improvements and implementing new financial system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of four years professional experience.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid understanding of accounting, including payable/receivable procedures, internal controls, fixed asset accounting and payroll.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver tangible results within specific timelines
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently at all levels of the organization
- Passion for working in an exciting, fast paced and changing environment
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Highly proficient with financial systems and software. Experience with Great Plains, Intact, Acumatica a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. Please apply by March 16th 2018. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.