OIC of America (OICA) is a nonprofit organization and the national office of a network of 31 workforce development organizations spread across the United States. Our mission is to provide underserved communities with the tools and support needed to overcome barriers to economic opportunity. We envision a world in which all people are contributing members of their families and communities. OICA provides job and life skills training and matches our graduates with the employment needs of local businesses. Through their efforts and ours, our participants have the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty, an aid to creating a more just and equitable society. Our organization and broader network have trained over 2 million people nationwide over the past 50+ years.
OICA is seeking a Data Analyst to assist with evaluating and measuring goals and outcomes for our SOAR Reentry Programs. This individual will be responsible for entering and tracking program data for the SOAR program. The analyst will monitor and ensure data fidelity in the funder’s and OICA’s database systems. This role will also assist with the managing and maintenance of all database and technological infrastructure that are used to advance the SOAR program and the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage OICA’s in-house case management and data collection system
· Collect and enter data into the federal and OICA in-house database systems Maintain data quality through data aggregation and data validation
· Communicate and follow up with program sites regarding needed data corrections
· Train program staff on usage of database systems
· Conduct survey research, quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis, and assist with writing and presentation of reports to internal and external stakeholders
· Advise on development and customization of program activity tracking technology solutions
· Perform thorough analyses of data and produce reports that include statistical, narrative, tables, and graphic components as appropriate
· Assist with writing and preparation of impact evaluations and develop progress reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual), for OICA leadership and the program funder
· Work closely with program staff to ensure project milestones (internal as well as external) are met
· Support collection and documentation of success stories and lessons learned; keep current with relevant professional standards trends and issues
· Conduct other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong personal interest in OICA’s mission
· Strong technological aptitude (technologically savvy)
· Basic understanding of low-code platforms (Quickbase knowledge is a plus)
· Basic understanding of/familiarity with at least one social science statistical analysis software package (Stata, R, etc.)
· Ability to align and merge datasets from different sources
· Strong knowledge of performance measurement with good understanding of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
· Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables with a high degree of accuracy
· Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and relationship skills
· Interest in using data to uncover insights and help drive program performance
· Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, including data manipulation, charts and graphs
· Skilled in development of data visualizations
· Basic familiarity with labor market information tools and data sources
· Able to think strategically and contribute to strategic conversations
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, information technology, education, evaluation or related field with experience in program research, management and evaluation
· Great opportunity for a recent college graduate with some professional experience
· Familiarity with the workforce development field in general, and reentry programs specifically, is a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
OICA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Please send resume, cover letter and the names of three professional references.
OIC of America (OICA) is a nonprofit organization and the national office of a network of 31 workforce development organizations spread across the United States. Our mission is to provide underserved communities…
Competitive Benefit Package
Competitive Benefit Package