Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
9159 Brookville Road
This position is for an individual with a deep passion for and commitment to working with the most vulnerable among us. The individual should have experience in job readiness programming as well as an ability to work independently, deliver training classes, and mentor individuals seeking to enter or re-enter the workforce.
The Workforce Development Coordinator will work primarily in the neighborhood programs in Washington, D.C., though will spend up to 20% of time in the Silver Spring, MD office. Experience in inner-city human services with diverse age groups and populations is therefore highly preferred. We are looking for a candidate who will possess the energy, commitment and unyielding desire to support others; seek solutions; and be a change-agent in the movement to end poverty.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continually improve our workforce development curricula to ensure we offer the most effective support to those we serve
- Develop relationships with local employers so participants have a pool of possible employers once they complete trainings
- Create strategic plan of goals and growth of workforce development efforts at each community site, including incorporating lessons and experiences for scale-up and replication
- Research and communicate information to program participants relative to job openings, hiring events, training opportunities, workshops, and partner activities for job seekers
- Ensure development and dissemination of robust program calendar for array of workforce development and professional skill building activities
- Develop mapping system with site managers and program specific specialists to determine key needs of community
- Define and document roles for volunteers, including time commitments and training required prior to involvement
- At least five years of relevant and/or related workforce experience
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to lead small and large group instruction
- Strong commitment to the movement to end poverty in this country
A Wider Circle offers health insurance, retirement, voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required