The role of the Walk for Victory Manager is to support and assist the Senior Vice President (SVP) on Walk for Victory events around the country. The primary responsibility is to work with the Marfan community to build walk teams, help with local sponsorship and work with the volunteer leaders at assigned walks. End goal is to achieve new relationships around the country to grow the walk program revenue.
- Manage assigned Walk for Victory events to ensure annual growth and expansion with existing walks and new walks.
- Work directly with the Walk community chairs, sponsors, team captains and individual walkers.
- Recruit and manage key community and corporate leaders to establish Walk for Victory monetary goals based on market potential.
- Establish weekly touch base with Team Captains and Top Fundraisers in assigned Walk area charting gap to goal.
- With the SVP, Develop timeline and budget for Walk for Victory in concert with goals and objectives.
- Ability to close sponsorships.
- Build strong relationships with sponsors, teams and individuals to retain and upgrade their financial involvement.
- Continue to establish new teams and cultivate new sponsors to reach highest level of revenue.
- Develop a profile of businesses in the assigned geographic area with a plan to involve them in the Walk for Victory.
Logistics, Pre and Post Planning
- Develop full event timeline and planning schedule, including production of collateral materials and program elements in collaboration with communications team, graphic designer, printer, mailing house.
- Responsible for making sure all logistics are taken care of for assigned walks including but not limited to, park permit, vendors, food, etc. with help from the operations team.
- Coordinate all signage and work with operations staff to ensure all materials and collateral are shipped timely.
- Assist in the program layout, scripting, and run of show day of event with the team.
- Conduct follow-up calls as needed after each event.
- With the operations team, ensure that thank you letters are done within 30 days.
- Identify the Foundation staff and Volunteer needs and assign on-site responsibilities.
- Serve as primary day-of-event contact.
Marketing & Communications
- Consult with communications team to strategize calendar and plan for both online and offline event promotion
- Ability to write key emails that go out to the Team Captains and volunteers for the events.
- Work in conjunction with Data Entry &Administrative Manager, Sr. Director of IT, and Online Communications & Marketing Manager on list pull queries for online and traditional outreach.
- Work with overall planning and implementation of Walks with the SVP
- Provide financial updates to SVP on a weekly basis
- Travel to walks around the country
- Help with Annual Conference in the Summer
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
- Experience in fundraising databases preferred, Sales Force and Classy is a plus
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of donor information
- Motivated self-starter and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Responsible for keeping track of your expense and revenue budgets
Travel (if applicable):
Travel will be required in support of the Walk for Victory Program. Some evenings and weekends required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred: 3-5 years minimum in fundraising development
This job is a telecommuting position based out of either Atlanta, GA, Houston,TX or NY-Long Island.
The Marfan Foundation expects all employees to conform to the expectations outlined in the Employee Manual. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Education Required