6 W. 18th Street
The Operations Associate will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be based in Flatiron, NYC.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, including scheduling, travel coordination, and expense tracking/reporting
• Support the coordination of teams reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (Development, Sponsorship, House Operations, Information Technology)
• Ensure implementation of information technology policies and procedures
• Project management of operational and information technology projects
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agendas/notes
• Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
• Maintain program budgets and track expenditures/transactions as necessary
• General office management
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and efficient
• Team-oriented with a willingness to contribute where/as needed
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Interest or experience in the culinary arts desired
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at JBF. In addition to working to promote a good food world through thought leadership, education, and advocacy, JBF offers its employees a casual work environment with generous benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403(b), and generous paid time off. There are also great perks including TransitCheck, discounted health club memberships, and eight complimentary passes annually to dine at James Beard House.
At JBF, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. JBF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, veteran status or other unlawful factors with respect to employment. JBF is committed to the maintenance of a drug-free workplace and ensuring compliance with Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required