2211 East Jefferson Avenue
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice! We are now hiring an Organizing Coordinator in Detroit to assist Local 1 in organizing new members within its jurisdiction and to directly assist the Director of Organizing with the day–to–day operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Managing and leading teams of staff and members to carry out campaign plans.
● Writing and implementing individual staff development plans.
● Leading staff by example, setting high standards of performance and holding organizers accountable to results.
● Creating and managing winning campaigns in coordination with the appropriate departments and union officers.
● Developing campaign plans for multiple companies, regions, and staff teams.
● Developing campaign messages, and implementing plans with community allies.
● Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the union.
● Participating in creating the overall plan to move the union forward.
● Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations, Economics, Political Science or equivalent work experience.
● At least five (5) years of experience developing and overseeing large field campaigns and managing teams of organizers.
● Excellent oral and written advocacy skills, including public speaking experience.
● A demonstrated commitment to social justice.
● Willingness to travel, work long, irregular hours, nights, and weekends.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and database software.
● The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
● Fluency in a second language is a plus.
● A car and a valid driver’s license are required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume at http://seiu1.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2kqigc7gnvt