Job Summary: Manage all human resources activities, enabling the organization to function at its highest level through the recruitment, development and retention of high-performing, mission-aligned employees. Help define and shape the organizational culture, nurture employee engagement, and implement people practices that increase the organization’s capacity to fulfill its mission. Ensure organization provides a safe and positive work environment in compliance with legal regulations and in alignment with the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Apply a bilingual (Spanish/English) and bicultural approach to all HR policies and activities.
· Manage recruitment/hiring program that attracts qualified talent and empowers hiring managers with the training, tools and logistical support to select new staff members.
· Create a positive, respectful, and sensitive culture, serving as the organization’s resident expert and thought leader on all areas of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Manage DEI strategy, determine priorities, develop and implement initiatives and align DEI objectives with employment programs and processes.
· Identify, draft clear communications, and rollout new all-staff initiatives, activities, and experiences that enhance the culture of the organization
· Own employee on- and off-boarding, coordinating and delivering orientation program and overseeing exit processes.
· Coach and advise managers on employee matters, ensuring they are up to date on policies, regulations and best practices.
· Identify and handle employee relations issues promptly, exercising empathy and emotional intelligence in managing corrective and disciplinary actions.
· Develop and manage effective performance review processes and tools, coaching managers on performance management and professional development practices.
· Build on existing organizational culture initiatives and identify areas to maximize impact.
· Manage employee engagement survey process to gain insight and identify opportunities for the organization. Appropriately share feedback and initiatives with management and staff.
· Coordinate legally required employee trainings and design professional development activities, management trainings, and other skill building functions for the organization.
· Oversee total rewards programs: identify and partner with benefits broker to offer competitive and equitable benefits, manage annual compensation review, and develop staff appreciation initiatives.
· Coordinate broker relationships and manage benefits enrollment, tracking and reporting, as well as the agency’s annual open enrollment process and related communication materials.
· Own and manage compliant employment policies, processes and procedures. Update and maintain employee handbook.
· Oversee employment- related legal compliance at a federal, state, and local level, from interpreting legislation and making internal recommendations to driving their implementation.
· Digitize and maintain HR documentation and employment records.
· Manage Paycom, HR help desk and all other HR systems and tools, ensuring accuracy and employee adoption.
· Work with the finance team and other departments to develop clear and actionable reporting on all employment-related data sufficient for forecasting and management of the organization
· Manage organizational compliance with federal, state and county employment laws and regulations.
· Supervise the consistent execution of payroll services, ensuring compliance with all relevant wage and hour regulations and partnering with finance and accounting to fulfil data and audit requests.
· As senior member of the agency’s management team, balance employee advocacy with organizational needs to guide agency decisions around HR initiatives and activities.
· Represent agency during labor union contract negotiations and serve as point of contact for related issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification Minimum 10 years of experience managing the Human Resources function, including experience in a non-profit organization
· Proactive and energetic leader with experience cultivating productive relationships with employees at all levels.
· Experience as business and thought partner to organizational leaders.
· Action-oriented self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills and experience developing and implementing HR initiatives.
· Service-oriented and effective communicator with the ability to build trust and explain complex concepts clearly and concisely in both English and Spanish.
· Experience managing complex employee relations issues and bringing them to appropriate resolution.
· Capable of building best-in-class systems and processes and implementing HR tools. Must have experience with all functions of Paycom or similar HRIS, including updating data, running reports and optimizing the user experience.
· Experience advancing diversity, equity and inclusion programs within a non-profit organization with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience working with benefits vendors and administering benefits and related compliance.
· Deep knowledge of California employment law, benefits administration and compliance in highly-regulated sector.
· Must have an interest in the agency’s mission and the ability to align HR initiatives to organizational goals.
· Able to operate with integrity and maintain confidentiality.
Proficiency with Paycom or HRIS; Microsoft Office applications and document sharing tools.
Job Summary: Manage all human resources activities, enabling the organization to function at its highest level through the recruitment, development and retention of high-performing, mission-aligned employees. Help define and shape the…
Paid Sick time off
Medical and Dental
FSA / HSA
Paid Sick time off
Medical and Dental
FSA / HSA