Mount Saint Alban
National Cathedral School seeks a full-time Facilities Coordinator to begin work in the Fall of 2018. Reporting to the Director of Buildings & Grounds, the Facilities Coordinator works closely with the Director in managing all maintenance personnel and the overall physical operations of the facility. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, organized, enjoys working with people, has good judgment, and works well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the Director in all aspects of running the Facilities Department, including:
o Coordinates the maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, and fire safety equipment at the facilities according to local, state and federal codes as they apply.
o Communicates with PECF Facilities to coordinate work flow requested via email/maintenance management software. Follows up on “Work Orders” to ensure their completion.
o Assists with preparation of operating and reserve budgets.
o Maintains all inventories and purchasing department equipment /supplies.
o Coordinates the maintenance of landscaping plan.
o Maintains emergency cabinets and first aid supplies throughout the facilities.
o Assists with school and Close wide emergency drills; updating evacuation procedures and diagrams, ensuring fire code compliance
o Attends the Close Crisis meetings representing the department
o Ensures staffing of reception and housekeeping is appropriate
o Assists in communicating / coordinating with reception and housekeeping
o Coordinates neighborhood parking/ traffic reports with Business Office and Dean of Students
· Acts as a point of contact for all maintenance/facilities requests, and works with Director to schedule all facility-related repairs.
· Attends Facilities Committee meetings, and assists with materials and minutes preparation using Board Effect.
· Attends weekly calendar meetings to ensure coordination of facilities department support of school events.
· Works in collaboration with Foodservice Director to ensure proper maintenance of kitchen equipment.
· Prepares project request forms for reserve items, and helps oversee completion of projects.
· Oversees the operation of Headfirst on campus during the summer.
· Works with project managers, general contractors, and PECF as needed on all capital improvement / facilities-related projects.
· Organizes doors, locks, and keys and maintains a file recording the key numbers for all spaces and their lock numbers.
· Programs ID badges for keyless access to buildings for faculty and staff
· Orders uniforms; maintains and orders signage, maintains and orders furniture.
· Serves as Director of Buildings & Grounds in absence of Director.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· College degree in related field (or equivalent experience) and 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
· Works well within a team; be able to lead a team and to work independently.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a friendly and professional manner.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Familiarity with finance (billing, invoicing) and managing budgets.
· Positive and persuasive personality with experience in relationship-building.
· Excellent organizational skills, including meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with database software preferred. Ability to maintain computerized recordkeeping system and generate statistical reports.
· Must be able to think quickly and take control in emergencies.
· Ability to work long hours, weekends, or holidays when required.
· Must understand the problems involved in maintaining building and fire safety regulations.
· Must be able to manage repair and maintenance of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and structural systems of various sized facilities with multiple buildings/locations.
NCS is committed to leadership in multicultural education and a culturally diverse faculty and staff. The school therefore seeks applications from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported. NCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, letter of interest, and a list of three to five references as one combined pdf attachment with “Facilities Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While it is not possible to respond individually to every application, please know that we will contact you if we are interested in moving forward with your application. Thank you for your interest in NCS.