The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of The Philos Project’s fundraising including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and campaigns. The Development Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Deputy Director in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of promoting positive Christian engagement in the Middle East.
- General understanding of the Middle Eastern history, politics, and culture
- General understanding of Christian doctrine and institutional landscape
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Coordinate fund raising special events and campaigns.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about The Philos Project with the community.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail a resume and cover letter to CJ Quartlbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org.