2 Lafayette St., 3rd Floor
Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Safe Horizon is the nation’s leading victim assistance organization, touching the lives of 250,000 people each year who have been impacted by violence. Safe Horizon provides a holistic array of services to victims of domestic violence, child abuse, rape and sexual assault, human trafficking and other crimes through a network of more than 50 program locations throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
The Child Trauma Response Team (CTRT) is informed by a national model of law enforcement-mental health collaboration designed to reduce the negative impact of children’s exposure to violence. Safe Horizon, in partnership with the NYPD and in collaboration with other city partners, will identify and provide a swift response to children and families who are exposed to severe domestic violence and will strive to provide trauma-focused, evidence-informed interventions to promote healing and justice.
Position Located: Bronx & Manhattan
· Developing and fostering relationships with city partners including the NYPD DA’s Offices, and ACS to coordinate responses and advocate on behalf of children and families;
· Working in close partnership with our team of Child Trauma Responders and CVAP advocates to coordinate service provision for children and families impacted by domestic violence;
· Implementing effective, trauma-informed acute crisis responses for child victims and their impacted family members during outreach calls, precinct-based meetings and follow-up visits;
· Partnering with the NYPD Domestic Violence Police Officers to conduct initial and follow-up home visits to families that have experienced a domestic violence incident;
· Administering trauma screenings and trauma assessments to children;
· Implementing the Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention with children experiencing traumatic reactions and their involved caregiver(s);
· Delivering case management and practical services to children and families in coordination with an array of other Safe Horizon program staff including the Family Justice Centers, Community Office Programs and Child Advocacy Centers;
· Linking children and their caretakers to trauma-focused treatment services provided at the Safe Horizon Counseling Center or other community-based providers, when necessary;
· Participating in cross-training initiatives with the NYPD;
· Participating in individual and group supervision, in accordance with Safe Horizon’s quality supervision plan;
· Modeling effective collaboration, conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills as a member of the CTRT interdisciplinary team;
· Preparing for and participating in regularly scheduled Case Review meetings in coordination with the NYPD to confer about new and on-going cases;
· Working with Safe Horizon’s Research & Evaluation Department to track client data and outcomes;
· Timely and accurate entry of data into CMS and RedCap systems;
· Implementing strategies for addressing vicarious trauma;
· Participating in roll call trainings with the NYPD;
· Representing Safe Horizon on external committees when appropriate and participation in community outreach activities
COORDINATES WITH: CVAP Advocates, Community Office, Family Justice Center, Safe Horizon Counseling Center and Child Advocacy Center staff
QUALIFICATIONS: An advanced degree (MSW) or related field required. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required. Prior experience working with children and families impacted by domestic violence, abuse and/or trauma. Experience with community- based outreach, home visits or first responder work a plus! Candidate must be able to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team approach, appreciate different points of view, be flexible and able to work with various arms of the criminal justice and child protection systems.
HOURS: Daytime, evening, weekend and some on-call hours required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4 weeks Vacation
- 12 sick Days
- 10 holidays
- Life Insurance
- Transit Chek
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow link to apply for this position: