Details: commensurate with experience
160 Federal Street
The Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) is a statewide public non-profit affordable housing organization that works in concert with the Governor and the state Department of Housing and Community Development to help increase the supply of affordable housing in Massachusetts. MHP focuses its efforts in three main areas: Community Assistance, Rental Development, and Homeownership – through the ONE Mortgage Program.
ONE Mortgage is a mortgage loan product with a successful 25-year history that is offered by participating Massachusetts banks and credit unions. Along with its predecessor, the SoftSecond Loan Program, it has helped more than 21,000 low- and moderate-income families buy their first home with over $3.5 billion in private financing. MHP administers the program, and manages a network of partner lenders and non-profit homebuyer education and counseling agencies.
The Program Analyst will conduct research and provide analytical support and oversight to various operational aspects of MHP’s first-time homebuyer program, the ONE Mortgage.
Portfolio Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- Analyze reports in Excel to determine loan statuses and aggregate data in MHP’s loan management system
- Research and update information on MHP loans by using the Registry of Deeds to supplement data provided by lenders
- Undertake programmatic and loan portfolio research and analysis to provide context for MHP homeownership lending programs
Operations and Loan Funding
- Monitor loan pipeline and perform outreach to partner lenders for missing loan closing documents
- Help compile, review, and reconcile borrower loan closing documents
- Process requests for subsidy loan subordinations and perform underwriting analyses on proposed financing
- Process homeowner requests for subsidy loan payoffs
- Invoice lenders for unused program funds
- Prepare quarterly billing for post-purchase education and counseling program
- Help develop new functionality in our loan management system, and coordinate the resolution of system issues
- Help develop new policies and procedures that allow MHP to more efficiently administer the program and/or to better serve target homebuyers
- Respond to homebuyer, homeowner, lender and stakeholder inquiries as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong computer proficiency, including MS Excel and Word programs; experience with MS Access and Crystal Reports preferred
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Experience working with databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
MHP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a public transportation benefit, and a fully vested employer-matched retirement plan. MHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required