Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Associate Director, Philanthropic Connections.
The Associate Director of Philanthropic Connections with a focus on mid-tier donors will play a critical role in driving strategy, executing complex programs, managing one or more members of the team as well as a new committee of volunteer leaders. The Associate Director will also manage a development portfolio and be directly responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding those donors.
He/she will develop and implement new strategies and initiatives/experiences for identification, recruitment, cultivation and stewardship of donors giving between $1,000 - $9,999.
The Associate Director will lead a cross departmental work stream and partner collaboratively with professionals across CJP including Marketing, Events, S&I, Development and others as needed.
This person will report directly to the AVP of Philanthropic Connections.
· Set strategy for mid-tier donors and prospects, in partnership with the AVP, Philanthropic Connections, as well as strong collaboration with colleagues working on qualifications and upgrades in this shared space.
· Collaborate with colleagues in Development, S&I, Marketing, Events and others as needed to implement overall strategy for the CJP mid-tier agenda.
· In partnership with the AVP of Philanthropic Connections assist in the creation of strategic goals and plans for the mid-tier work and measurement/tracking of progress against goals.
· Manage and support the growth and development of a Development Officer.
· Manage programs, volunteer teams and professionals in connection to potential new giving societies; and current/new programming.
o Direct program implementation including (but not limited to):
§ Real Estate Event
§ Financial Services Event
o Project management/management of professional working being done for:
§ New events as determined during strategy creation
§ Major Gifts Events (management of DO in this space in assistance to VP, Individual Giving)
· Manage a development portfolio, including face-to-face solicitations and follow up meetings as necessary
· Work with CJP colleagues and volunteers to strengthen existing strategies and programs, with a focus on developing new ones.
· Support CJP fundraising, donor development, and leadership placement of mid-tier donors in collaboration with Development colleagues.
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
· BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· 5 years’ experience working in Development or related field with an emphasis on program coordination, annual campaign work, or donor relations.
· Staff management experience a plus.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team; sense of humor.
· Ability to work proactively, independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database Management (we use a Blackbaud Product).
· Capacity to manage and organize confidential information
· Comfort with change management and strategy design
· Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
· Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=403070721
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: