Details: Compensation Commensurate with Experience
91 Larkspur Street
About the Organization:
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
We believe everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants to best meet all their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to learning English, to graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work, and succeed.
Canal Alliance is seeking a Case Manager to join its Immigration and Social Services team. This role provides bilingual strength-based, client-centered, case management services to clients, including the following areas: information/referral, advocacy, basic needs, financial literacy education, housing, and employment and legal referral. The Case Manager III reports directly to the Social Services Manager and works within a committed multi-disciplinary team that includes other case managers, attorneys and behavioral health clinicians.
- Responsible for providing individualized case management to individuals experiencing multiple challenges including immediate needs, provide information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist clients in accessing local services and resources.
- Assess clients in the following areas: income, housing, education, work readiness and immigration readiness
- Assess and document if clients are interested in and eligible for a long term commitment to attaining English fluency, legal status, and/or the next level of education. If so, hold families accountable to their coaching agreements in a respectful and supportive manner
- Monitor progress towards client goals and achieving agency-wide outcomes and continuous improvement of agency performance
- Maintain records and data for evaluation purposes
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications- Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in community resources, public social service and assistance programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in casework principles and techniques.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Highly skilled in active listening, empathy, client centered, strength based case management
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Ability to get along with people and establish cooperative working relationships with staff at all levels both within and outside the department
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and e-mail software
- Strong technical skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Salesforce experience – preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are 16 paid holidays annually, a 403(b) retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience
- MSW strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or Behavioral Science preferred or 2 years’ experience working as a case manager in social work
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing, preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter. Only electronic applications will be accepted. (Keep it green!) Please indicate “Case Manager III – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees. By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect. Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals.