CAMBA’s Shelters, temporarily housing single men, women and families, are among the most successful in NYC, resulting in placement of thousands of homeless clients in permanent and transitional housing. Recent increases in capacity, awarded by NYC DHS, have resulted in expanded professional opportunities in these Brooklyn facilities.
Opportunities for Supervisors:Current open positions include Client Engagement Supervisors and Case Management Supervisors.
- All Shelter Supervisors are responsible for planning and executing shelter activities, meeting contracted goals, ensuring that all direct reporting staff complete individual and group case management documentation notes, housing applications, ILPs and referrals to providers, including psychiatric referrals, service plans, recertifications and psychiatric assessments.
- All supervisors collaborate to develop programming to address clients’ needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and/or employment.
- Supervisors provide crisis management and interventions with clients, ensure teamwork and ensure consistent services in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Supervisors responsible for Client Engagement also develop workshops for client engagement, conduct field visits, plan programming to increase community and citywide resources and incentives for client participation.
- BA or BS and two years of applicable experience, and/or equivalent experience.
- Masters’ degree preferred. A license is required of these Masters’ degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
Locations: Current vacancies include Atlantic House Men's Shelter and Magnolia House Women’s Shelter, Flagstone Family Center.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter in MS word attachment to:
Please write "Social Service Supervisor, Homeless Shelter" in subject of e-mail.