42-40 Bell Boulevard
ABOUT THE TAA
Founded in 1972, the TAA is dedicated to making life better for all individuals affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders. The premier nationwide organization serving this community, the Association works to raise awareness, advance research and provide on-going support. The TAA directs a network of 32 Chapters and support groups across the country. The TAA also recognizes nine Centers of Excellence, across 16 institutions around the country.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing support of the Office and Finance department.
- Serving as the primary receptionist (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting visitors)
- Responsible for telephone equipment, setting up new hires with extension, password, etc.
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
- Maintaining office records, including records of all office expenses
- Oversee and allocate common storage areas and file space.
- Assist Development Staff with database maintenance as assigned.
- Assist with answering membership questions on the phone & from incoming mail.
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.)
- Maintain attendance sign in sheets.
- Work with the VP of Finance and Administration to refine and administer office policies and procedures.
- Assisting with Clerical/ bookkeeping duties and preparing daily cash receipts log and bank deposits.
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders when supplies are low.
- Maintain accounting of the Petty Cash Account
- Procurement of furniture, office and kitchen supplies and supervising monthly inventory of office supplies, stationary and envelopes.
- Effectively communicate and manage vendors.
- Oversee all office postage accounts (First Class and Bulk). In addition, prepare Postage Statement Reports: allocation of postage usage (in-house to post office) & UPS/FedEx).
- Managing and maintaining office printers and other office equipment.
- Providing basic IT support to staff, including serving as a liaison to IT consultant
- Central point of contact with the facilities management team of the building management company and landlord.
- Maintaining kitchen & general office tidiness
- Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate has superior organizational skills, is self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic.
- Must be a team player and have outstanding writing, editing, data entry, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential.
- Must be reliable and have ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be a quick study on new computer programs.
- Associates degree in business administration or relevant field and at least two years of experience in an administrative coordination capacity is preferred.
The TAA offers a range of benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 403b retirement savings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit tourette.org/about-us/careers/ to submit cover letter and resume. Please include your salary requirement.