Program Assistant – Temporary, Part-Time
- Job posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
Details: $23-$25 per hour, depending on experience.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
Healthy Start Brooklyn (HSB) is a federally funded program that seeks to reduce disparities in maternal, infant, and family health. Serving the neighborhoods of Brownsville, East New York, Bedford-Stuyvesant, and Bushwick, HSB supports services, education, and training to enhance the lives of families in these communities. As conveners of a collective impact effort and a place-based initiative, HSB addresses mental health, toxic stress, and pre and interconception care for women and men in central and eastern Brooklyn.
The temporary Program Assistant will report to the Director of Healthy Start Brooklyn and will provide administrative support for the program on a temporary, part-time basis.
- Enrolling participants into HSB classes. This entails describing the classes and collecting personal information from each participants through various methods (email, telephone, and in person)
- Referring interested participants to programs offered by our partners
- Maintaining email communications to internal and external partners
- Drafting and distributing monthly class calendar to partner agencies
- Collecting class and event sign-in sheets and updating community engagement platforms (Partners connect, Mobile Commons).
- Assisting in outreach efforts, which include updating flyers, copying materials, and attending offsite events
- Handling all logistics for weekly classes. Logistics include securing venues, confirming instructor attendance, sending reminders, copying materials, tracking attendance, distributing incentives, processing instructor invoices and other duties as needed
- Assist with weekly submissions
- Other administrative activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year administrative experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Publisher)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of public health systems a plus
- Experience with community engagement
- Must have fun and enjoy the work!
- Hours Per Week: 21 hours per week
- Length of Position: 12 weeks
- This position will be hired through a staffing agency.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “HSB Program Assistant_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.