Details: Monument Academy has evaluated its salary structure in comparison to the sector. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, that place us in the top 75% of the sector average.
5000 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Manager of Student Support
Position Description and Responsibilities
Unique opportunity to be on a growing team, at an innovative charter boarding school targeting foster care youth
About Monument Academy
Working with the most at-risk adolescents and established on an innovative model integrating excellent academics with evidence-based, trauma-informed practices, Monument Academy is a weekday boarding school that opened in the 2015-2016 school year with a 5th grade class of 40 students and will have 160 students when we reach full enrollment through 8th grade in 2018/19. The school is currently authorized to expand to 8th grade and maintains the goal of growing through high school so that students will graduate from Monument Academy.
The mission of Monument Academy is to provide students, particularly those who have had or might have contact with the foster care system, with the requisite academic, social, emotional, and life skills to be successful in college, career, and community, and to create an outstanding school that attracts, supports, and retains exceptional and caring people. Monument Academy will fulfill its mission by providing stability, adult connection, high-quality academics, therapeutic support, and life skills for pre-teens and teens. Monument Academy graduates will be prepared for post-secondary education, on a career trajectory, and have the social, emotional, and self-care skills to maintain a healthy, connected, and economically self-supporting life
The Manager of Student Support is a leader responsible for contributing to, and communicating a vision and focused plan for improving student achievement and student behavior; supporting teachers in improving their instructional practice; creating a community of continuous learning for all staff and students; and fostering a culture of high expectations for all students. In addition, the Manager is charged with building strong partnerships with families and community, creating a safe, supportive school climate.
The Manager of Student Support will be the primary stakeholder in ensuring behavioral consequences are properly executed, parents receive communication regarding student behavioral incidents, and that all plans are executed consistently across the school. The Manager of Student Support will also be responsible for coordinating positive school-wide initiatives, including: the student store, Fun Friday, and the creation of the student recreation center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coach grade-level Deans of Students
- Supervise athletic contests, dances, and other student activities throughout the year
- Analyze and understand student behavioral data and effectively use it to inform actions within school.
- Collaborate with administrative leadership team, initiate a strong sense of team and serve on committees as appropriate.
- Develop and foster community connections that will enhance the educational experience of all students.
- Plan and implement appropriate professional development as it relates to student behavior
- Effectively manage conflict within the school building.
- Clearly communicate the school’s vision and mission to the community and maintain a positive school climate while holding staff accountable as needed.
- Counsel students and parents about school policies.
- Assist in monitoring and supervision of school facilities.
- Serve as a resource to staff in dealing with classroom management issues.
- Advocate for children and actively embrace community involvement.
- Appreciate and respect diversity
- Inspire innovation among school community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your personal growth and learning.
- Manage student supervision issues and enforce school behavioral expectations by assigning appropriate consequences for behavior .
- Assist staff and parents in developing student behavioral expectations.
- Assist in developing programs to promote positive students behavior as well as intervention strategies.
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience/education level
- Benefit package that includes health care, dental, and vision plans. Healthcare includes both HMO and PPO options. Monument Academy covers 95% for employee only plans, and 75% for employee, plus family plans
- Flexible spending accounts through TASC
- 401k plan - Employer match available
- Generous vacation leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit the “Careers” page on www.monumentacademy.org. Click the “Apply Here” link. You will be asked to create a profile, then fill out an application, including uploading your resume and cover letter. Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with education, and level of work experience. Monument Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and encourages applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of the individual’s qualifications, as related to the requirements of the position being filled.