Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
1442 A Walnut Street
ABOUT THE CHARLIE CART PROJECT
The Charlie Cart Project is a non-profit organization that provides a turn-key nutrition education program, which includes lessons, training, tools, and a compact mobile kitchen on wheels. The Project’s K-5 curriculum is aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards, and provides a strong foundation of cooking skills, in addition to a strong understanding of the connections between food, health and the environment.
The Charlie Cart Project was founded in 2015 by Carolyn Federman, who has worked in food education for nearly 15 years with food system pioneers Alice Waters, Michael Pollan and Jamie Oliver. Launched in 2016, the Charlie Cart Project is now active in 65 programs across 25 states. Learn more at www.charliecart.org.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director (ED) and serve as a member of the Management Team. This position's primary responsibility is the leadership, development, and management of the organization’s fundraising strategy. The Development Director (DD) will play a key role in managing existing donor relationships as well as developing new donor prospects. The DD will also lead continued growth in managing institutional giving as well as government and foundation grants.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional who has a passion for children’s health and food education, is highly motivated and resourceful, and brings a sense of creativity and adaptability. The position requires strong management, oral and written communications skills, as well as a breadth of knowledge and experience in the range of development work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board to refine the strategic fundraising plan and vision for development.
- Develop and lead tailored cultivation and stewardship plans for portfolio of major individual donors.
- Manage annual and other special funding appeals throughout the year, including recruitment of an additional 50 donors giving $500 or more.
- Drive strategic development around high-level gift solicitations for programmatic priorities and unrestricted funding.
- Build a pipeline of new donors networking and devising creative strategies to leverage current donor’s networks.
- Help develop partnerships to strengthen and expand program activities.
- Manage and expand our In-Kind Donation program for long-term partnerships.
- Organize and participate in donor on-site tours.
- Manage all proposal writing, submission, and reporting.
- Maintain organized, up-to-date donor files. Track development activity by entering interactions, strategies, and opportunities into our database.
- Establish metrics to evaluate all fundraising and outreach activities.
- Commitment to the work and the organization
- Sense of humor
- Flexible and adaptable work style
- Motivated to pave new paths at the intersection of education, health, and non profit
- Self-starter with extensive fundraising experience and a thorough understanding of the nonprofit funding landscape.
- Demonstrated track record in creating and overseeing successful strategic plans for fundraising and communications.
- Creative approach to problem solving; not afraid of obstacles
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with Salesforce (very helpful)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; persuasive and confident speaker
- Strong, collaborative leader, able to work well with a diverse work force and customer base; and able to delegate responsibilities effectively
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better program. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team and we actively encourage all people to consider applying. It is the policy of The Charlie Cart Project to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is full-time and will include benefits.
Please send a letter of interest with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required