755 Ocean Ave.
Lick-Wilmerding High School seeks a full-time Spanish Teacher sabbatical replacement for the fall semester 2018. (100% FTE with benefits)
- Teach 4 sections of 9-12 grade Spanish courses (regular or honors classes) with 2 preps beginning mid-August 2018 and ending January 28, 2019. Classes meet every other day for 75 minute blocks.
- Attend all faculty, department, and professional development meetings.
- Be available to students for individual help outside of class during the school day.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A minimum of three years teaching experience at the high school level.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish.
- A deep knowledge of Spanish language, as well as Spanish and Latin American cultures.
- Experience teaching accelerated/honors or AP courses.
- Familiarity with student-centered approaches to teaching language.
We seek teachers who are committed to differentiated instruction and can help students with diverse learning styles and educational backgrounds achieve the goals and objectives of the curriculum, and who are committed to equitable teaching practices in the classroom. In addition, we are looking for teachers who are energetic, passionate about teaching and learning, flexible and great collaborators.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include—all in PDF format— a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Demonstrate at least one concrete way that you address various learning styles in your classroom lesson planning. What modalities do you employ?
The application process begins immediately and is open until filled. No calls, emails, or faxes, please.