Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has multiple openings for Program Finance Administrators to work in Billing Operations.
* Plan, organize, and prepare for review the timely processing of contract vouchers, billing submission packages, and reports to government/private funding sources
* Meet monthly with the various Practice Administrators to coordinate staff allocation changes, coordinate and ensure changes are implemented into Financial Edge, and prepare staff allocation reports for review
* Analyze, review, and reconcile General Ledger accounts by program
* Verify that reimbursements are not in excess of contract amounts
* Ensure that contract revenues and expenses are recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts
* Initiate timely and accurate follow-ups on outstanding accounts receivable balances with Grantors on outstanding unpaid billings and reimbursements as necessary
* Work in conjunction with other team members to ensure that department project completion deadlines are met
* Create and prepare Excel schedules and control reports
* Perform special projects as requested
* Assist with individual program audits, as well as the Society's year-end audit when necessary
* Provide forecast and analysis for assigned programs and potential new funding.
* Provide budget narratives for assigned programs and/or new budget preparations as required by funders and/or Practices
* Coordinate and monitor subcontractor contract compliance and reporting, as needed
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum of two years of work experience in an accounting or operations environment; non-profit is preferred
* Experience with Financial Edge a plus
* Advanced Excel skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Ability to work well in a team
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong sense of professionalism and confidentiality and a strong work ethic
* This is a position that requires effective and efficient attention to accuracy and detail, a strong ability to multi-task, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and the ability to meet deadlines.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
HOW TO APPLY
You must apply online at the LAS Recruitment Portal. The Legal Aid Society is reducing its carbon footprint and therefore paper applications are not accepted. Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, Members of the LGBTQ+ communities, Veterans, and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required