Details: Non-Exempt, Part-Time 10-15 hours per week
5130 Leary Avenue N.W.
Ballard Food Bank’s mission is to bring food and hope to our neighbors...because there can be enough for everyone. To achieve our mission, we provide access to nutritious foods through our unique grocery-model food bank, financial resources, referral and mail services that support self-sufficiency, and we advocate for food equity and justice.
The Office Assistant will be a member of our small but mighty team. This person will perform administrative functions to support our operations. Volunteers are critical to our work and the Office Assistant will facilitate our volunteer application process and placement. In addition, the individual will perform data entry to track volunteers and their hours, as well as record in-kind food donations. The individual is also responsible for other administrative duties, including: keeping forms and materials up to date, ordering supplies and answering phones.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone and provides customer service by referring callers to the appropriate staff or outside agency if needed
- Oversees and maintains accurate record keeping of volunteer hours and in-kind food donations (grocery stores, FLL, NW Harvest, food drives, drop-in donations)
- As needed helps update client resources including partners, events and pertinent information that will support clients
- Completes filing, orders office supplies and completes other administrative duties that support business operations.
- Helps receive and sort mail for clients and organization
- Process volunteer application and respond to volunteer inquires
- Provide additional administrative support to meet program or organizational needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for our mission, “We bring food and hope to our neighbors because there can be enough for everyone”
- Minimum Education Required: High school education or GED and 1+ years of experience
- Ability to work respectfully and collaborate with staff and volunteers
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in Spanish or another language spoken by recent immigrants to Seattle a plus
- Strong computer and relational database skills, knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel & Word)
- WA State Patrol Background Check
- A sense of humor.
The Right Fit for this role:
- Feels rewarded by helping others
- Is mature and professional
- Is detail oriented
- Is flexible and willing to contribute in a variety of ways to the team and organization
- Likes being part of a team and able to work independently
- Comfortable upholding agency policies
- Has a sense of humor and a positive attitude
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish or another language spoken by recent immigrants to Seattle a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position. Email email@example.com with OFFICE ASSISTANT - YOUR NAME in the subject line.
No phone calls.