The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with substance abuse disorders, serious mental illness and co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders is seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist/Case Manager for its Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation Program located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to provide adults with person-centered substance abuse treatment, rehabilitation and mental health services
- Complete required documentation in a timely and high quality manner
- Work collaboratively with clients, their families, and community partners to assist clients in achieving their treatment and recovery goals
- Coordinate client care through close involvement with hospitals, substance use treatment facilities, probation and parole, etc.
- Complete psychosocial, substance abuse and other treatment related assessments
- Collaborate with the client in the creation of individualized service plans, and crisis/relapse prevention plans
- Use evidence based individual and group treatments in the areas of substance abuse and mental health to address client needs (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, trauma -informed care)
- Identify or develop substance abuse, mental health and physical health group curricula to support recovery
- Provide services to assist clients with needs such as family support, housing, entitlements, employment, education, vocational interests, community integration, and connection to physical health care
- Provide services to assist clients with needs such as legal advocacy, navigating the criminal justice system, coordination with legal agencies
- Masters (MSW or other human services degree) or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years direct experience providing individual and group behavioral health services. CASAC certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills. Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus
- Computer skills.
- Individuals with lived experience in the areas of mental health, substance use, criminal justice, &/or homelessness are encouraged to apply.
Excellent compensation benefit package including 1199 Health Insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, pension contribution...
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaking candidate preferred.
Minimum Education Required