Primeros Pasos is seeking a new Director of Development & Partnerships to support our mission by leading all fundraising, development, communications, partnership, and evaluation activities.
- Fundraising & Donor Relations: Create and implement an annual fundraising plan, including online fundraising campaigns, monthly giving program, donation tracking, donor relations strategy & communications, online donor management system, grant writing & reporting, Xela fundraising events, support of volunteers in fundraising efforts, and supervision of fundraising volunteers.
- Partnerships: Strategically manage all existing programmatic and funding-related partnerships with universities, businesses, foundations, and similar organizations and develop new partnerships. Maintain communication with both IAHA and Asociacion Pasos boards of directors and engage them to advance fundraising efforts.
- Communications: Write and disseminate monthly newsletters, quarterly reports, and annual reports in both English and Spanish. Collaboratively manage the website and social media,
- Evaluation & Administration: Support each program in developing annual logical frameworks and evaluation plans; support data collection, organization, analysis, and visualization; report on all development activities at quarterly meetings; manage the position’s email account; support overall clinic administration in pharmacy/reception when necessary; and collaborate actively and respectfully with all team members.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Lives in or is willing to live in Xela (Quetzaltenango), Guatemala by start date
- Bilingual or highly advanced professional proficiency in both English and Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking) - excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international or community development, public health, international relations, or related field and minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Basic project management experience including strong organizational skills
- Personal values of integrity, credibility, and adaptability and a commitment to and passion for Primeros Pasos’ mission and work and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Strong preference for: 2 years experience in nonprofit, public health, or community development organizations; or Masters in Project Development or Public Health from Guatemalan university
- Strong interpersonal skills, including cultural awareness, humility, and respect
- Exceptional leadership and teamwork skills and experience
- Ability to identify organizational needs and priorities and develop realistic solutions
- Experience in fundraising, nonprofit management, social media & marketing
- Passion for improving access to health care, nutrition, & education for marginalized communities
- For international applicants: experience living and working in a foreign country, preferably at least 1 year in Latin America
- Full time position, monthly wage is Q4,000-5,000 depending on educational and work experience
- You must be able to commit to at least 1 week of training between December 2nd to 17th (2 weeks strongly preferred). The position will start full time on Monday, January 11th, 2021.
To read the full job description and how to apply by November 20th, visit https://www.primerospasos.org/s/apply-development-2020