30 Broad Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions.Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor.iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model.
Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 25,000 students with mentors and this year, iMentor is serving nearly 9,000 students across the country.iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation.
iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are mission-focused, results-oriented, passionate and fun, and were named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by Opportunity Knocks and The Nonprofit Times.
The Senior Director of Program, iMentor NYC (SDP) will be deeply invested in iMentor’s mission to ensure that every student has a champion, and that over 3,800+ mentor-mentee pairs build strong relationships. They will work to empower students to leverage the transformative power of mentoring to achieve academic and personal success across NYC public high school partners and higher education institutions. The SDP will work closely with the Executive Director to make decisions that optimize program quality, increase participant impact and deepen pair relationships.
They will work to enhance team culture and use inspirational leadership to build an inclusive and exciting work environment. Leading iMentor NYC Program Directors and Program Managers, the SDP will build team capacity to effectively implement new programmatic initiatives from our National Program Team, assessing and addressing implementation challenges to define strategies that support the development of strong mentee-mentor relationships. The SDP will implement training, coaching and professional development strategies across the team to help create a supportive, yet effective management culture.
The ideal candidate will have over 10 years of work experience with the proven ability to manage and inspire large teams towards program excellence. They will have significant experience in using inspirational leadership and data-driven support to coach and develop teams, help the team maximize regional impact and increase team buy-in. By seeing mentoring as a tool to enhance student success, they will help the team leverage the iMentor model to strengthen mentor-mentee relationships across 14 high school partners and in our Post-Secondary Program.
- Direct all aspects of iMentor NYC’s program to ensure high quality, effective support to more than 3,800 pairs in high schools and the post-secondary years across 14 partner schools and many higher education institutions.
- Lead, support and grow the iMentor NYC program team by overseeing the hiring, on-boarding, training, management, leadership development and growth of over 30 Program Directors and Program Managers.
- Manage ongoing relationships with partner schools and higher education institutions in collaboration with Associate Director of NYC Partnerships.
- Ensure the direct service implementation team is effectively executing the iMentor model at partner sites (utilizing lesson plan structure, communicating effectively with each other and school staff, completing all necessary preparation to run sessions and events, managing partner site challenges in collaboration with the Executive Director).
- Utilize data analysis to create implementation strategy and develop customized tools to maximize impact of team; partner with Executive Director to assess effectiveness of program.
- Ensure the direct service implementation team develops effective strategies to reach program benchmarks for pairs including consistent program-wide mentor-mentee communication (through online communication and in-person meetings) and strength of pair relationships.
- Integrate learning from National Program Team, including on-going program evaluation, research, and best practices to continuously improve pair support and program impact, both in daily operations and in long-term strategy.
- Lead and participate in NYC leadership team meetings to collaborate with the other NYC teams (operations, mentor experience and development) to help drive programmatic strategy and execution.
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening events.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience, including at least 6 years of staff management experience with a focus on leadership development, performance management and evaluation.
- Subject matter expertise working in schools, education, youth development, and/or mentoring with a strong preference for experience working with historically under-served youth and under-resourced communities.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and persistent with demonstrated success managing and inspiring individuals and teams toward ambitious, measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective coach of large-scale teams on a range of issues.
- Proven ability to motivate and create team buy-in to work toward programmatic outcomes.
- Experience implementing systems and/or national program models and can proactively identify need, think through options and strategically intervene.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with the ability to use data to create targeted strategies and management support.
- Skilled project manager who can identify patterns, performance metrics, implement strategy and strive with an outcome focused mindset.
- Exceptional customer service orientation both internally and externally.
- Has led nonprofit programs, departments, large teams and departmental budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage external relationships and practice good judgment at partner sites.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, inspirational leadership and a track record of developing others.
- Resourceful, results oriented, team-player with a positive “can do” attitude and a belief in mentoring as a tool for success.
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change, learning, and improvement.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the fundamental belief that every child deserves to achieve their highest educational and career aspiration.
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check, conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the NewYork City Department of Education.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer