Interested in making a difference in the lives of veterans and their spouses? If so we may have the perfect job for you. The Career Placement Manager is responsible for managing the Career Services team, professional development activities for current NPower Texas students, and employment opportunities for NPowers Texas graduates. In addition, you will match qualified graduates with employment opportunities in the public and private IT sector. Our goal is 100% placement for all of our graduates and are looking for someone committed to excellence.
He/She will be responsible for maintaining a high functioning performance driven career services team, developing current students’ professional skills through professional development activities and also developing and maintaining relationships with employers such as senior executives, tech incubator start-up owners, and nonprofit leaders among others. In addition, he/she will successfully place participants into jobs and provide ongoing retention services to support both the employer and the NPower graduate. This position requires someone that has experience in workforce development, case management and/or sales and marketing, as well as leadership experience.
· Supervise and promote a highly motivated and performance driven career services/internship team of 2 employees.
· Promote student development through professional development weekly activities.
· Establish and maintain relationships with employers.
· Securing job openings for NPower students and alumni.
· Match the skills of students and graduates with the proper job openings.
· Coordinate and document referrals and conduct a follow-up with both students and employers.
· Help prepare students for interviews one-on-one or in group/workshop settings and write/review resumes for alumni.
· Screen students for job interviews and make appropriate referrals to employers.
· Make ongoing follow-up calls with students and employers to determine employment status and satisfaction with services delivered.
· Network with businesses, trade associations and other groups to develop new employer relationships.
· Manage database of job development leads.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· At least three years’ experience in a leadership/management role.
· At least three years’ experience in job development or account management.
· Prior experience working with veterans as well as veteran spouses with barriers to employment preferred.
· Demonstrated experience meeting goals in a performance-driven setting.
· Superior communications skills, ability to engage a wide range of constituents.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team.
Strong organizational skills.
medical, dental, vision, 403B and 3 weeks vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to Brittany.email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.