218 West 40th Street
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused, industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1982, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences.
During the 2017-18 school year, over 100,000 students attended 644 NAF academies across 36 states, including DC and the US Virgin Islands. In 2017, NAF academies reported 97% of seniors graduated with 90% of graduates planning to go to college.
The primary function of the Corporate Engagement & Relations team is to serve as the primary expanders, developers and relationship managers for NAF employer partners. This team is responsible for the strategic development and on-going management of NAF’s corporate engagement portfolios including NAFTrack Certified Hiring, Advisory Board Development and Work-Based Learning Systems. A critical component within this team is the strategic development of the NAFTrack technology platforms that underpin NAF’s ability to ensure all students reach NAFTrack Certification and are connected to NAFTrack employer partners through the myNAFTrack platform.
NAF’s Corporate Relations team manages existing relationships, with a laser-like focus on exceeding NAF employer partner’s expectations. The Senior Director, Corporate Relations will be responsible for the implementation, oversight and management of the strategic plan for the Corporate Relations Team; and in collaboration with the Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Relations, responsible for ongoing strategic plan development, assessment and revision. The Senior Director, Corporate Relations is accountable for developing and directing a portfolio of national partnerships with corporations, professional and affinity associations, governments agencies and non-profit organizations to support NAFTrack implementation and stronger Work-Based Learning implementation as critical components of the NAF Educational Design. In this position, the Senior Director will lead the delivery of NAF’s most critical initiatives, inclusive of NAFTrack Certification, Advisory Board Development and Work-Based Learning Systems. S/he will partner with internal and external stakeholders on building business cases and requirements, and works with cross-functional teams and outside entities to both manage and execute on projects relevant to the corporate engagement portfolio ensuring clarity of plans, progress and realization of goals/objectives. Project metrics will be used to facilitate stop/start/continue discussions as well as communicate overall project status as required.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, guidance, inspiration, support and accountability to Corporate Relations team members to successfully manage their assigned employer engagement portfolios
- Lead the implementation of NAF’s strategic plans and investments specific to Corporate Relations; manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate status to project stakeholders; reporting on plan progress and outcomes.
- Serve as a liaison between NAF and employer partners, overseeing the overall portfolio of Employer Relations
- Develop and provide ongoing training to employer partners and academies, including developing expertise on NAF’s Corporate Relations Framework and quality practices
· Provide opportunities for employer partners’ employees to contribute to communities in a meaningful way by providing opportunities to participate in the full continuum of work-based learning activities
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Degree in a related field such as Business, Communications, or Public Policy a strong plus.
· 10+ years’ experience in corporate sector or maintaining successful public/private partnerships
· 7+ years’ experience managing a portfolio of external partners or clients
· 5+ years of people management experience
· Demonstrated success in development, implementation, and oversight of strategic and action plans, particularly as they relate to relationship management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Commitment to the NAF mission and vision for young people
· Ability to maintain and continuously improve strong external relationships
· Impeccable communication and presentation skills
· Proven ability to see projects through to completion, with metrics informing decisions and providing insight into corrective action needed
· Project management of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Analysis and problem-solving skills
· Proactive and goal-oriented
· Team player, with ability to work with all levels of staff and external partners
· Strong technology skills: Well-versed in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and databases
· Remote management experience preferred
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title, your first name, and last name in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required