Details: contingent on exprience
1200 New York Avenue NW
The Global Knowledge Initiative (GKI) works at the intersection of systems thinking, international development, and collaborative innovation, with organizations like The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and The Rockefeller Foundation to activate problem solving networks that deliver solutions in complex systems, Our vision is a world of 7 billion solvers able to collaboratively innovate solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
Intrigued? Read more!
GKI believes it is not a failure of intellect, nor a lack of resources, that keeps us from solving complex, global development challenges. Rather, the failure lies in how we connect committed individuals and their resources—technologies, expertise, financing—to fill these gaps. We need better methods for connecting the resources we have – experts, technology, knowledge – to the people and places that need them most. Collaborative Innovation is all about bridging those gaps and helping people connect so that they can do more with less. An early pioneer of the concept of Collaborative Innovation, GKI is rapidly advancing its models for problem solving globally and we need you to go further!
You are a passionate and enthusiastic emerging leader who is keen to engage meaningfully on challenges in international development.
You have been recognized consistently as an exceptional researcher and writer, known for your clarity, concision, and analysis.
You are an incredibly detail-oriented and curious professional, able to track a high number of demands; you thrive in fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous settings.
You have demonstrable success in parsing through large amounts of data (qualitative and quantitative) and applying structure, logic, and analytical frameworks to uncover patterns and derive practical and relevant insights.
You are empathetic, collaborative, and skilled at working with colleagues and partners with a range of work styles, disciplines, and industries.
I. Research and analysis
- Perform rigorous research and analysis to support projects across all 5 GKI Programmatic Areas.
- Demonstrate impressive ability to identify and follow through on new ideas using various research methods, including qualitative coding and quantitative techniques.
II. Program Administration and Management
- Support the GKI Team in delivering on a large and varied portfolio of projects.
- Support the growth of GKI’s impact in terms of the number, effectiveness, and influence of GKI’s programs.
- Support the implementation and delivery of projects, and GKI operations as requested.
- Identify potential partners and sponsors, and support relationship cultivation efforts globally, particularly with research institutions, bilateral and multilateral aid agencies and foundations.
III. Presentation and facilitation
- Support facilitation of intensive working sessions to enable groups to make decisions and/or achieve measurable progress toward their goals.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and three years of in-country experience in a location outside the United States.
You have a Master’s degree in any of the following areas: international relations, public policy, design, engineering, or another innovation-related discipline and one year of work experience.
Paid annual vacation and sick leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To submit your resume, cover letter, and one recent (within the last 6 months) writing sample. In your application please list three references for consideration. Please submit your applications to Manmeet Mehta, Senior Program Officer, GKI at email@example.com, with subject line: Junior Program Officer, 2018.
Deadline: July 4, 2018.