Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
2955 Campus Dr.
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise is seeking a mission driven, innovative communications professional to serve as Senior Communications Manager. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Communications Manager will develop and implement the communications strategy to support three high-profile key programs including Verizon Innovative Learning Schools (VILs); the Dynamic Learning Project; and Digital Promise Educator Micro-credentials. (Please visit our website for more about each program.) Candidates in DC are preferred.
The Senior Communications Manager will lead communications, marketing and outreach for three important initiatives at Digital Promise. They will work directly with program directors to create, manage and execute strategic communications plans and campaigns; create a steady stream of content for various platforms including our website, social media and blogs, and design our presence at conferences and other events. They will develop and maintain high level, critical and productive relationships with key communications and PR personnel at partner organizations for each initiative.
Specifically, the Senior Communications Manager will:
- Develop and implement sound and measurable communications goals, tactics, and campaigns for three main programs
- Drive goals including partner awareness, internal and external messaging alignment, and communications coverage, relevance, and timeliness
- Create, edit, and proof communications to ensure quality and consistency, utilizing people and financial resources efficiently and effectively
- Design, manage, and track projects and communications in an organized and efficient manner
- Serve as a strategic communications partner to Digital Promise partners, with a focus on providing real-time guidance, building relationships and gathering insights
- Work collaboratively with the communications team and initiative leads across Digital Promise to ensure consistency, synergy and complementary communications efforts
- Strong writing skills, evidenced by writing samples
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in business, education, communications, marketing or a related field preferred.
- 10+ years of communications and development experience with at least three in education and/or technology.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing integrated communications plans including traditional social, event, and web media.
- Experience building long-term, value-added partnerships and relationships with a diverse array of partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and use a consultative approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
We also seek candidates with:
- A demonstrated commitment to improving education for students who have historically been underserved.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached.
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Willingness to take initiative and see tasks through to completion.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” spirit.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.