The transition coordinator manages and oversees high quality placements, with the goal of supporting our individuals to live a happy, healthy and productive life. We achieve our goals by implementing industry best practices, creating innovative solutions to complex problems and employing staff who care deeply about individuals and our mission. At HopeWell, we value good communication, transparency, reliable support and the pursuit of excellence. The transition coordinator develops a partnership and provides guidance to meet the evolving needs and interests of our individuals as they age. We are focused on becoming an employer of choice and an industry leader providing supports to adults with developmental challenges and empowering them to lead healthy and fulfilling lives. This position is responsible for supporting communities in Lynn, Springfield, Wilbraham, Spencer, Barre, and Worcester.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with the Director of Adult Residential Services in developing and growing the Shared Living program.
- Assure high quality supports are provided to the individuals by providing direction and guidance to the care providers.
- Through a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) approach increase individuals’ independence.
- Collaborate with the Director to engage in recruitment, selection, matching, transition, and evaluation of care providers.
- Collaborate with the Director to complete referrals and intakes with a focus on ensuring appropriate placements are made.
- Provide on-call coverage and crisis management that ensures individuals’ well-being. Notify and consult with Director, DDS, care provider, and other collaterals where appropriate.
- Engage in responsible fiscal behaviors around program budget.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals and care providers.
- Monitor and assess current and new placements minimally on a monthly basis.
- Train care providers in all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Support the development and growth of all individuals served in the program.
- Collaborate closely with local DDS Area Offices, Survey & Certification, and other Department personnel as delineated by the Director.
- Collaborate closely with staff at other agencies involved in providing services to the individuals we support such as day programs.
- Follow all applicable DDS regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Keep accurate and up to date program records and documentation.
- Participate in Shared Living & AFC Conference committee meetings
- Maintain necessary certifications and attend assigned trainings
- Attend and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Hopewell’s Human Rights policy.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BS/BA in human services field required with 5 years’ experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, preferably in a Shared living setting; involvement with PBS implementation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and able to use good judgment.
- Ability to make decisions and multi-task efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Empathy and desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities
- Desire to learn and grow professionally and is comfortable asking questions
- Open-minded, self-initiates and open to receiving constructive feedback
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability, resourcefulness, and professionalism
- Passion, enthusiasm, excitement for the human services field
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, families, community members and other stakeholders.
- Daily access to an automobile is required.
- A valid MA State Driver’s License.
- Remain current in all required trainings.
- Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.