Details: Commensurate with experience as well as a generous, comprehensive benefit package. Maximum in the low $50's.
100 South Broad Street
Prepares monthly invoices to various funding agencies and monitors related grant expenditures vs. budgets and enters all cash receipts and banking transfers into accounting database. Reconciles relocation spending monthly and processes client savings payments. In addition, prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all checking accounts and reports service charges, as well as monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Processes payroll for Agency; maintains payroll records and reports within the guidelines of the record retention policy. Reviews payroll updates and changes, periodically, with the HR Assistant to ensure accuracy. Enters employee pay rates; prepares manual payroll checks when necessary; prepares and/or reviews quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and forms for government agencies; prepares payroll and tax forms in coordination with other accounting staff. Assists the VP of Finance in the preparation of budgets, cost estimations for proposals, cash flow projections and financial reports, as requested. Assists VP of Finance/Auditors at year-end with the audit and provides supporting documentation. Maintains professionalism, sensitivity, and confidentiality at all times. Attends staff, program and Agency meetings, as required. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration preferred; may consider the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in general ledger accounting, reporting and payroll processing is required, such experience in the not-for-profit industry strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with accounting software (e.g. Great Plains, Blackbaud, etc.), required
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in the use of excel and proficiency with other MS Office software is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and in written, is required.
- Will be required to attend 45 hours of Domestic Violence Training, post hire.
- Employment offer and continued employment are contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment TB test, child abuse, criminal and FBI clearances required (all related fees will be paid by Women Against Abuse).
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, which may include but is not limited to candidates of color, LGBTQ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We offer a very competitive and comprehensive benefit package, including a high level of employer contribution to the medical & dental premiums (no deductible in the medical plan); generous time off including vacation, personal, sick and holidays; short term & long term disability at no cost to the employees along with Life and AD&D insurance; and a match to the 403b retirement savings plan with no vesting schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org