- Provides counseling/therapy that promotes a stable clinical and psychological condition for patients, post-detoxification.
- Completes the bio-psychosocial assessment within 48 hours after admission.
- Develops initial individual treatment and discharge plans.
- Promotes ongoing participation of the client with decisions involving treatment planning and goal setting.
- Works closely with the patient, their family and/or natural or social supports, as well as the program’s multidisciplinary teams to ensure ongoing review and updating of patients’ treatment plans.
- Facilitate clinical therapy with patients through individual, group and family sessions.
- Maintains relevant and timely counseling progress notes.
- Participates in ongoing multidisciplinary case conferences/client care meetings.
- Leads various psycho-educational, therapy and recovery oriented groups as assigned and ensure all relevant documentation.
- BA/BS or minimum four years of experience in a Human Services field.
- Licensure of Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC I or LADC II) or Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC).
- Minimum three years of experience in substance use disorder treatment and at least two years of counseling experience.
- Strong knowledge of the substance use treatment continuum and services and related community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Driving License Required
Minimum Education Required