- Provide clinical Psychiatric services to children and adolescents in SCO Family of Services foster care including adjunctive consultations with birth and foster parents as well as caseworkers.
- Conduct Psychiatric Evaluations relating to the mental status and reality testing of children and adolescents suspected of having a thought disorder, major affective disorder and/or risk of suicide.
- Evaluations are scheduled on a referral basis and on a yearly basis for special rate children, conducted at our Jamaica, Queens location.
- Provide pharmacotherapy and monthly Medication Reviews as indicated.
- Participate in treatment team case reviews.
- During the current pandemic, services are rendered through hybrid in-office and Telehealth means.
Interested applicants should forward a letter of introduction and resume through Taleo.
Final candidates will be invited in for interview
- M.D. from an accredited medical school, board certified or board eligible, preferably with specialization in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- At least two years’ clinical experience with children, preferably with a foster care population.