P.O. Box 2883
Title: Events & Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
FTE: 30 hours/week (.75FTE), non-exempt.
SUMMARY: The Events & Engagement Specialist advances Shalom Bayit’s mission through the production of high level special events and strategic outreach designed to raise awareness, support, and communal engagement for our domestic violence programs. We seek a dynamic, strategically-minded people-person who excels at both public-facing and organizational systems to ensure the smooth, timely and effective production of programmatic and fundraising events, including our annual benefit gala. Experience working with donors, volunteers, and Jewish communal settings preferred.
- Produce effective, engaging events that further the organization’s mission, expand outreach, and advance our fundraising goals. Provide high-level management of donor relations and event production for all special events. Includes annual benefit gala plus smaller programmatic and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Coordinate all event logistics including venue, catering, publicity, speakers, staffing, vendors, program content, day of event (set up / program flow / breakdown)
- Maintain organization systems for event production including timeline and task tracker, donor follow up and thank yous / acknowledgement, list management, auction coordination, and coordination of pre and post event tasks
- Support fundraising team (lay and professional – including Fund Development & event committees, staff, volunteer solicitors, Executive Director) with planning, reports and communications. Coordinate planning meetings and tasks.
- Coordinate volunteers to best match their skills to meaningful engagement
- Solicit financial and inkind contributions as needed; assist with donor outreach
- Prepare event mailings, materials and solicitations
- Ensure timely, effective and professional communication (verbal and written) with donors and potential supporters
- Support event chair(s) in identifying and soliciting potential sponsors and advertisers by developing strategic communications, producing solicitation letters, coordinating donor follow up, and ensuring accurate donor lists
- Work with graphic designer, staff, and vendors to create invitations, publicity and other design deliverables and ensure timely, accurate, high quality production of event materials (print and web)
- Track and report fundraising metrics; assist with donation data entry and acknowledgement
- Produce programmatic events to actively engage community members in our mission
- Passionately transmit Shalom Bayit’s mission, values and integrity to donors and constituents
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, competent individual with sound judgment who understands core principles of event planning/production, philanthropy, and resource development; who can establish and maintain effective relationships with our donor base and lay leaders, and who possesses the following skills and qualities:
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer proficiency, fluency with Microsoft Office products including Publisher and Excel
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills; strong customer service skills
- At least two years’ event planning experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team; ability to prioritize and organize workload and create a positive, healing atmosphere in a dynamic, interrupt-driven environment
- Desire to be part of a small social justice team dedicated to empowering Jewish women and girls
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Responsibility, sensitivity, problem-solving, initiative and insight
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate donors’ availability and evening/weekend events
- Knowledge of Bay Area Jewish community or other Jewish communal experience
Shalom Bayit staff and volunteers work collectively as a team. Women of traditionally underrepresented Jewish backgrounds, and survivors of domestic violence, are especially encouraged to apply. Shalom Bayit (a project of the Tides Center) does not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic, ethnic, or religious background; sexual orientation, age, disability, or language. We represent a variety of Jewish backgrounds and denominations. We do not provide services or education to batterers. 2/18, 5/18
Health/dental, paid vacation, sick leave, & Jewish holidays.
Minimum Education Required