55 Broad Street
The Data Coordinator is responsible for supporting data management, progress monitoring, and reporting activities for the delivery of data-informed service and support to students in partner schools. This entry-level role will work closely with the Senior Evaluation Manager to maintain the accuracy of data in several databases while assisting with data entry. In addition, the Data Coordinator will support in building a culture of evaluation among staff and corps to access, understand, and utilize data in order to maximize outcomes for high-need students.
This individual will be flexible, personable, and willing to take on additional work to support evaluation projects while fielding data-related questions in a friendly and professional manner from staff and AmeriCorps volunteers alike. The Data Coordinator will be excited to work with data and spreadsheets, be detail-oriented and able to accurately complete work in a fast-paced environment. This individual will become very comfortable using Microsoft Excel and Salesforce on a daily basis in order to support reporting City Year New York's progress towards reaching school-specific, site-wide and nation-wide goals to staff, City Year Headquarters, as well as multiple funding organizations.
- Coordinate the timely upload of data across service areas (attendance, behavior, course performance and after school participation) into City Year’s & grant partner’s online databases on a weekly basis
- Provide technical support to community-based staff to ensure data is entered to necessary data systems on time and with accuracy ; assisting them through process of identifying and fixing errors
- Assist the Senior Evaluation Manager with the collection and preparation of student-level data to ensure accurate progress monitoring and reporting to City Year New York leadership, staff, and corps.
- Provide data-related support for external evaluations, research studies and pilots
- Support in the set-up and administration of multiple assessments across different systems/platforms
- Support survey administration of partner and AmeriCorps member surveys to ensure high response rates
- Assist the Senior Evaluation Manager in designing/delivering trainings for staff and AmeriCorps members on the City Year’s model, data collection systems & processes, and making data-based decisions.
- BA/BS and at least one year of professional experience or national service
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and experience supporting projects with strict deadlines
- Strong self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented with ability to complete work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- AmeriCorps or Peace Corps experience a plus
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce platform
- Experience collecting, cleaning, and analyzing large data sets
- Experience working in school districts, schoolhouses or education-based non-profits
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.