36-11 12th Street
Long Island City
Hour Children, Inc. seeks a mission-driven, detail-oriented and organized Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Coordinator will join a team that also consists of a Development Associate and Advancement Strategist. The Development Coordinator will play an important role in growing the organization’s individual and corporate giving programs.
Hour Children’s Mission
Hour Children's mission is to help incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women and their children successfully rejoin the community, reunify with their families, and build healthy, independent, and secure lives. To accomplish this, Hour Children provides compassionate and comprehensive services and encourages all to live and interact with dignity and respect.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain the donor database and mailing list, process donations, produce donor acknowledgements, build contact lists, generate donor reports, and ensure donor records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of print and electronic donor communication materials including mailed appeal letters, e-blasts, solicitation packets, and the organization’s annual report.
- Liaise with Finance Department to process incoming revenue, ensure monthly reconciliation of gifts, and regularly track revenue against goals.
- Oversee fundraising calendar to ensure projects remain on track and deadlines met.
- Maintain website.
- Assist with prospect research and track donor and prospect activities.
- Assist with grant writing and reports to funders.
- Coordinate and assist with fundraising events throughout the year.
- Support the Board Development Committee.
- Manage Junior Board relationship and activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Development team and members of the leadership team as needed.
- Passion for Hour Children’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of relevant administrative experience. Fundraising experience a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple pressing deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with donor management software preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to work closely with the organization’s management team
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required