One Bulfinch Place
Responsible for the coordination, management, and implementation of wish planning as well as the fulfillment of the wish experience. This position is based out of our Boston office.
- Coordinates the wish-granting process and oversees all arrangements necessary in organizing and completing wishes to include booking travel, tracking financials, preparing itineraries, assisting the organization's communication, medical equipment, legal forms, and itineraries.
- Coordinates wish assists with assisting chapter and prepares invoice and in-kind paperwork post-wish.
- Establish a wish budget within chapter guidelines.
- Identifies and acquires in-kind donations for the organization, specifically in the area of wish granting.
- Effectively communicates appropriate messaging in thoughtful exchange with families and volunteers.
- Determines needs of wish volunteers through communication and consideration of their skill set.
- Communicates with child’s physician/medical team to determine authorization for expressed wish.
- Prepare all relevant wish information for volunteers, families, and health care professionals.
- Update and keep current wish database and equivalent paper files on each wish child to ensure compliance with National Standards and organization's guidelines.
- Complete Wish Record Data entry to ensure each record is complete, up-to-date, and follows standards of use for Raiser's Edge.
- Maintains complete and well-organized wish files and wish reports in accordance with organization's and Make-A-Wish America policies and guidelines.
- Ensures that all wish follow-up work is completed, including but not limited to, thank you letters, anecdotal reports, wish financial summaries, wish reports, and wish evaluations.
- Working knowledge of all National and local policies, guidelines and resources as it relates to wish granting.
- Identifies any wish that raises policy issues or questions or that has the potential to become a risk to the chapter, and involve the Director as needed
- From time to time, assists organization with projects as requested.
- Participates in volunteer training sessions.
- Works to provide risk and crisis management for wish granting. Provides for 24-hour emergency contact for families during wishes on a rotating schedule
- Assists with office phone back-up and mail processing on a routine and scheduled basis.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science required.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Two years of professional experience in non-profit or customer service roles desired, including work with children and families.
- Volunteer and fundraising experience helpful.
- Self-motivated, creative, problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Raiser's Edge and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative organization is essential.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Excellent benefits and work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency required; other languages preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Wish Coordinator Search Committee
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-1059 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.