1501 Wilson Boulevard
The Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC) is the first-ever 501(c)3 public-private partnership created with the sole objective of advancing medical device regulatory science for patient benefit. As a membership based organization, MDIC brings together representatives of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), industry, non-profits, and patient organizations to improve the processes for development, assessment, and review of new medical technologies. Our work is unique and complementary to trade associations such as the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) and the Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA). Members of MDIC share a vision of providing U.S. patients with timely access to high-quality, safe and effective medical devices.
In September 2016, the FDA awarded a grant for the National Evaluation System for health Technology (NEST) Coordinating Center (NESTcc) to MDIC. The mission of NESTcc is the creation of structures for responsible sharing and efficient analysis of real-world evidence to inform and empower patients, accelerate medical device innovation, and improve health care outcomes. Stakeholders across the medical device ecosystem stand to benefit from improved use of real -world evidence (RWE) generated in the routine course of care.
The Communications and Marketing Director is responsible for managing all MDIC member relationships and public engagement. This person works closely with MDIC program staff to develop strategies for regular communications to members and stakeholders on project and organization status. In addition, he/she works with MDIC leadership and industry specific consultants on media messages and media relations. As a member of the MDIC team, the individual contributes to the general advancement of the MDIC mission and goals. They are responsible for MDIC’s branding, membership, web and social media presence, and communications strategies.
Objectives and Responsibilities
· Regularly engage and support members in their interactions on MDIC projects
· Manage member recruitment process and develop strategies to increase MDIC member base among key stakeholder constituencies
· Develop membership leads by researching companies and industry trends
· Execute renewal efforts and engagement programs, track and report on response
· Represent MDIC at trade shows and conferences to engage with members and facilitate new connections in the industry
· Develop and execute an ongoing publication strategy that includes regular member communications such as weekly e-newsblasts, quarterly newsletters, Twitter, and Facebook presence, etc.
· Develop marketing messages and materials demonstrating MDIC membership value to support member recruitment and retention
· Maintain and update member database, file updates and maintenance, and other tasks as assigned
· Develop marketing material and communicate messages that support MDIC’s mission of advancing the field of medical device regulatory science
· Synthesize information received from program managers and develop outreach communications to distribute to a broad range of audiences via of email communications, social media, video clips, press releases, newsletters, reports, articles, op-eds, proposals, briefs, blogs, fact sheets, infographics, etc.
· Support content development and speaker recruitment for the MDICx series webinars
· Develop plans for presenting MDIC projects at professional society and medical technology conferences
· Manage key MDIC event logistics and materials including the creation of fact sheets, issue briefs, event summaries, speaker bios, and other handouts for large public events
· Oversee the strategy and development of design, content, branding and messaging of MDIC publications, social media, website and communication tools to ensure consistency with marketing strategy
· Collaborate with the NESTcc team to ensure alignment with messaging, branding, and overall communications strategy
· Provide weekly updates on stakeholder engagement and communication to the President & CEO
· Work with MDIC President & CEO on media messages and media relations, increasing visibility and recognition for organization
· Bachelor of Science/Arts degree and minimum 10 years’ association/non-profit/educational communications experience with 3 years in a senior leadership position OR Master’s of Science/Arts degree in related field with minimum 6 years’ communications experience including senior leadership role
· Skilled in writing and communications strategy with membership and/or communications management or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated creativity in developing innovative methods for member recruitment and proven success in implementing them
· Experience identifying and managing cost conscious relationships with communications and marketing vendors/consultants
· Professional experience in MedTech or Life Science industry preferred
· Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write succinctly and clearly
· Ability to represent to stakeholders and senior industry leaders
· Natural ability to build relationships, lead and educate with excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
· Strong skills in process management, database management, and project management
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience with Microsoft suite of products
· Experience with a variety of web based tools including SalesForce, RingCentral, Box.com, WordPress, WebEx, Zoom, GoToMeetings, Skype for Business, Slack and ability to adapt to new collaborative technologies as they become available
· Experience working with virtual teams
· Self-directed, team-player with sense of humor
· The employee will report directly to the MDIC President & CEO
· Works closely with the NESTcc Deputy Director and MDIC program staff to support mutual goals and objectives
This scope of services is not intended to be all-inclusive. Director may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
MDIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MDIC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line of the email. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by MDIC.