510 16th Street
Girls Inc. of Alameda County’s mission is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Since 1958, we have responded to the unique needs of girls aged 5-18. We empower girls in underserved communities, equipping them to navigate gender, economic, and racial barriers and grow into healthy, educated, and independent adults. All programs are developmentally appropriate, supporting girls’ changing needs as they grow. From literacy activities in elementary school, to exciting hands-on science projects in middle school, to building leadership skills and college readiness in high school, Girls Inc. girls receive the support and the opportunities they need to thrive. Poised for growth, the Girls Inc. of Alameda County’s operating budget is $6.9M with 110 staff in our downtown Oakland Simpson Center for Girls and in more than 20 schools and satellite centers across Alameda County.
The Facilities Manager will oversee 3 buildings and is accountable for services such as cleaning, security, IT and parking. This position will be responsible for making sure that the surrounding environment is a suitable condition for staff and the community we serve. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, professional, and service oriented to oversee and perform all facilities and IT coordination to support the staff and our mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage facilities and office space use: facility plan, space optimization and support services(off-site storage, purchasing).
* Manage facilities work order tickets, including employee access to operating systems
* Serve as liaison with building and security companies, office service providers and governmental agencies; manage building compliance issues
* Experience negotiating and reviewing vendor contracts
* Responsible for short and long-term maintenance planning, managing maintenance and repair teams for 3 locations.
* Manage agency purchasing process
* Manage building and safety committees; conduct safety and emergency drills; ensure compliance with OSHA
* Manage tenant relationship with sub-tenantsInformation Technology
* Manage outsourced IT resources by prioritizing and coordinating all IT services provided by outside consulting team.
* Develop and implement IT plan; perform maintenance and backup of computer network; research and purchase new computers. Maintain all user and security set-ups and terminations; update security protocols and software and ensure compliance by staff.
* Coordinate the rollout of agency client databases in conjunction with program staff.
* Coordinate and oversee purchasing function within the agency: assign PO numbers, maintain log of credit card usage; order items as needed through our purchase order system.
* In conjunction with Human Resources, ensure appropriate levels of insurance; process claims
* Provide administrative support to the CEO, that includes Board meeting/s support
* Relieve the Front Desk for Meal Breaks and Rest Periods as neededQualifications
* Minimum (5) years managing facilities in a multi-site environment
* (1) year experience supervising
* Strong computer, software (MS Office) and database skills; computer networking fundamentals, basic computer maintenance/repair techniques
* Project Management Certification is ideal or demonstrated project management skills with excellent follow through
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to carrying out routine to complex duties efficiently
* Ability to establish trust, establish credibility and partnerships with vendors and at all levels of the agency.
* Ability to bend, lift, move up to 50 lbs.
* Passion for the mission of Girls Inc. of Alameda County
* Ability to relate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to work in an environment that requires efficiency, effective prioritization, attention to details, and problem solving skills.
* Background clearance from the Department of Justice.
* Other duties as assigned
Salary commensurate with experience. Girls Inc. offers employer paid medical benefits, a 403B plan and voluntary vision, dental and life insurance. Flexible spending and pre-tax parking and transit plans are also available.
Girls Inc. of Alameda County is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At Girls Inc., promoting, celebrating, and supporting diversity is core to our mission. Individuals are considered without regards to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required