Director for small, growing non-profit organization supporting homeless families
- Job posted by Family Promise North Shore Boston
Details: Dependent upon experience
330 Cabot Street
Under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors, Family Promise North Shore Boston (FPNSB) is seeking a Director for our nonprofit program. By utilizing existing community resources, we offer hope to homeless families through safe temporary shelter, meals and supportive case management during a search for permanent housing. We also provide prevention support to families facing homelessness and provide on-going support to families once they achieve sustainable housing. The new director will join FPNSB at a pivotal time. We are poised for transformative change and committed to continued excellence. You will lead the organization in a strategic process to envision, identify and seize opportunities for expanding our impact toward our goal of ending homelessness on the North Shore.
You will lead a 5-person team with over 1,000 volunteers to oversee the administration, programs, fundraising, marketing, and community engagement throughout many cities and towns in Essex County.
- Oversee the effective administration of FPNSB’s temporary shelter operations and day center.
- Supervise and lead FPNSB staff and cultivate large volunteer base.
- Provide case management supervision of staff and develop strong partnerships with referring and supporting agencies.
- Lead the overall fundraising strategy, developing and executing plans to ensure a sustainable and diverse funding stream.
- Develop and broaden community partnerships to maximize support and engagement.
- Act as spokesperson and face of FPNSB. Elevate our mission, presence and brand through networking and public speaking.
- Provide strong fiscal management and oversight.
Education and Experience
- B.A./B.S. degree is required, MSW or MBA highly preferred
- Five years’ experience in non-profit management is required. Experience in a social service environment or case management preferred.
The ideal candidate for the Director role is passionate about ending homelessness, thinks strategically yet acts pragmatically, is a self-starter and highly motivated. You are also an enthusiastic, flexible individual with strong organizational and communication skills and a demonstrated track record of displaying good judgment, consistent leadership, and compassion for others. You are able to keep multiple projects progressing simultaneously, can help run fundraisers and are a creative thinker able to solve ambiguous problems.
Minimum Education Required