Details: Based on experience and education
1525 Newton Street, NW
Words Beats & Life (WBL) is a non-profit, hip-hop organization with a mission to: advocates for the transformative power of Hip-Hop culture in all its forms, empowering artists to relentlessly create and refine systems that demonstrate positive change through our individual and collective brilliance. We embrace the sacred nature of our work and our roles as keepers and innovators of our culture. The Marketing and Design Associate reports to WBL’s Executive Director (“ED”) and provides Marketing and Design support to advance WBL’s mission.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Execution of marketing/campaigns.
2. Graphic design (developing infographics, fact sheets, maps, print ready promotional materials, and other design projects to amplify the work of the organization)
3. Analytics curation
4. Content development and curation for regular newsletters & other communications to subscribers 5. Website maintenance (WordPress platform)
6. Project management & plan development
7. Editing written works across the organization
8. Social media campaign development
9. Additional duties as assigned
CHARACTERISTICS & EXPERIENCE:
1. A bachelor’s degree is required in communication, marketing, design, public relations, or relevant professional work experience.
2. Exceptional written, oral, and electronic communication skills
3. Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
4. Capable of translating complex ideas into digestible content.
5. Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, balance multiple competing priorities, and operate on short or long timelines.
6. Appreciates and promotes a culture of camaraderie.
7. Proficiency in graphic design (Adobe Suite experience-InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
8. Demonstrated success managing projects & providing deliverables on schedule.
9. Web design and/or maintenance experience.
10. Proficiency in metrics/analytics programs (i.e. Google Analytics, media monitoring systems, etc.).
11. 1.5 years of professional experience in a communications or design role.
13. Experience working in a non-profit, media or school setting is preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume, three references and a two or three short examples of writing and design samples (i.e. press release, blog, infographic, fact sheet etc.); and work to email@example.com. Include “Marketing and Design Associate” in the subject line of your email. We will then email you a short application to complete. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Words Beats & Life is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture for all employees.
Position will be open until filled
This is a contract position
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required