Details: Based on experience
1775 Grand Concourse
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. The Healthy @ Home Program is a comprehensive and multifaceted program that is designed to improve access to health, mental health and social services to families caring for children and youth with complex medical conditions. Families will receive support to deal with the range of feelings and concerns associated with caring for a medically fragile child.
Social Worker will provide the following services:
- Home Visits to facilitate engagement, provide family support, counseling, opportunities to observe family interaction; reach out to families that are isolated, promote positive parent interactions & promote safety in the home;
- Case Management services for families to promote support and improve the well-being of each family member ( index-child, siblings, parents & caretakers);
- Carry a caseload of at least 15 families;
- Conduct Home visits within the NYC 5 boroughs;
- Conduct Psychosocial assessments, which includes trauma screening;
- Service planning & Goal Setting;
- Service plan implementation;
- Service coordination, monitoring & follow-up;
- On-going reassessment of clients’ needs;
- Crisis Intervention;
- Assistance with benefits & entitlements;
- Interface with Community Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social workers, School Teachers and Staff, Home Care agencies, Hospitals, Palliative/Hospice Agencies, Community Clinics, Administration for Children Services, and the like;
- Complete continued education as required by NYS Office of Professions;
- Weekly Supervision;
- Participate in Staff Meetings;
- Participate in Interdisciplinary meetings and case reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master of Social Work degree required. LMSW preferred. Experience in working with children living with medical complexities and their families. Ability to easily engage individuals of all backgrounds and socio-economic status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please indicate “Social Worker, Healthy @ Home” in the subject line, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY"