1006 New Holland Ave
Power Packs Project is seeking a highly motivated and independent Executive Director to lead the growth of our program in central Pennsylvania and beyond. This position will oversee the Power Packs Central Team as well as Regional Directors and will report to the Power Packs Project Board of Directors through the Board President.
The Executive Director will be primarily responsible for developing the strategic direction of Power Packs in order to facilitate our growth while maintaining our strong financial position. This position will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of our affiliate and regional programs to ensure program objectives are met; responsible for budgeting and community outreach; ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, program evaluation, fundraising and communications, marketing and human resources.
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director will be responsible for the development and execution of strategy in the following areas:
- Growth of Power Packs Project in Central PA and beyond which includes creating an organizational structure to support that growth.
- Fundraise to maintain the financial health and growth of Power Packs through a variety of means including, but not limited to, donations, grants and events.
- Maintain high awareness of Power Packs in current areas and increase awareness in newly entered regions through marketing programs and networking discipline.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in order to foster a highly functional work environment built on a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Communicate strategic direction to regional directors in order to achieve the goals outlined in the strategic plan.
- Provide oversight of programs to ensure that standards for food sourcing, food delivery and recipe quality are met while keeping expenses within acceptable parameters.
- Maintain efficiency in all operational and logistical aspects of Power Packs.
- Recruit, onboard and train new staff and board members.
- Preparation and achievement of annual budget.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 5 years professional leadership experience preferred.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Ability to achieve results by working through others
• Day-to-day financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of Power Packs Project’s strategic future to board, staff, volunteers, and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations specific to the nonprofit sector
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience managing and working with volunteers
• Ability to interface and engage donor groups
• Strong public speaking ability
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and prioritization required
• Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Interpersonal and relational skills, as well as demonstrating sensitivity to people of varied economic and cultural backgrounds
• Detail-oriented and accurate
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.