One Pirerrepont Plaza
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for attending to the following in the assigned city-based program and office locations:
- Facility maintenance (cleanliness and upkeep),
- Safety and security
- Supply, condition and function of office equipment (Inventory Control)
- Fleet operations (agency vehicles).
Interfaces with programs and internal departments to assure facility environments that are safe, aesthetic and conducive for staff and families.
Demonstrates pro-action through planning and organizing:
- Regular communication with Graham’s vendors and contractors to assure delivery of quality services. Advocates for convening of meetings with vendor and program when discrepancies and issues arise.
- Routine program site and office site inspections to assure cleanliness and safety of work areas, visit spaces, conference and meeting rooms, cafeterias, restrooms, corridors, common areas and grounds. Creates and shares the outcome of the inspection with the Chief Operating Officer and program leadership.
- Creates and shares schedule of routine program and office site upkeep related to care of carpeting, floors, walls and furnishings to assure cleaning, painting and replacement when necessary with the Chief Operating Officer and program leadership.
- Preparation for inclement weather such as snow and rain, such as salting, shoveling, and indoor mud-rugs to prevent slipping, ensuring that facilities functions safely.
In collaboration with the Purchasing Unit and IT department, assures the inventory of newly purchased furniture and equipment:
- Tags newly acquired furniture and equipment with tag transmittals memos disseminated.
- Maintains record of property tag transmittal duties in connection with property management in order to monitor agency assets. Enter furniture and equipment acquisitions in Property Management System database.
- Collects and files documentation for discarded equipment and furnishing from the program liaison or Operations Manager.
- Routinely updates the inventory control database to assure proper entry and deletion of tagged and discarded items.
Monitors the use and upkeep of Graham’s vehicle fleet:
- Collects and files the agency’s Vehicle Maintenance Logs.
- Creates and shares the schedule of vehicle inspections, tune ups, insurance, vehicle registration update and operator usage logs with program directors.
Alerts the Chief Operating Officer of important issues and/or urgent need for repairs (i.e., plumbing issues, electric, heating, cooling, security issues).
- Performs minor maintenance repairs and installation.
- Arranges for service from outside contractors for extensive repair
- Assures prompt professional attention to hazardous conditions
Oversees agency compliance with standards related to accreditation and compliance set forth by regulatory agencies (i.e., NYC Department of Buildings Codes, FDNY, OSHA, OMH, OCFS, ACS, DYCD):
- Conducts Fire Drills, Evacuations Training and Fire Alarm System checks in program and office sites.
- Is a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Oversees the Security related details:
- Assures that there is proper coverage in each location on a daily basis
- Establishes and monitors the security log for guards to sign in and document rounds on their shifts.
- Monitors hours worked for all guards and confirms the same with the Administrative Assistant to approve the vendors invoice.
- Assures that agency is compliant with standards related to accreditation and compliance set forth by regulatory agencies (i.e., NYC Department of Buildings Codes, FDNY(Fire Safety/ Fire Drill codes), OSHA, OMH, OCFS, ACS, DYCD)
- Responsible for updating of the ERT Site Captains listings and the training of agency staff in the Emergency Response Protocol and Active Shooter training
- Responsible for attending to security at all sites through procurement of guard services
- BA/BS preferred; High School diploma/ GED required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Facilities Management.
- Intermediate knowledge of facilities maintenance and office functions.
- Ability to perform bending, lifting, prolonged sitting/standing. Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
- Must possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in general office equipment operations.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and a clean driving record and willingness and ability to drive a car or van within the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, counties north of the city.
- Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must be willing to travel throughout NYC, as needed.
Full Time Exempt
Job descriptions and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal requirements of the position
Commensurate with experience
Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link below to apply: