Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Truman Center and Truman Project seek a Development Manager to maintain and cultivate relationships with current and prospective prospects. S/he is responsible for identifying prospects, soliciting, upgrading contributions, pledge fulfillment, and donor appreciation. S/he will work in close partnership with Truman’s President and CEO, Managing Director of Programs and External Relations, Development Director, and other senior staff in prospecting for foundation, corporate and individual donors. The Development Manager will develop and implement an individual giving program, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors at all giving levels. The Development Manager will also plan fundraising trips, arrange one-on-one meetings with individuals, organize fundraising events, and maintain donor communications and the database. This position also has a focus on current and emerging fundraising technologies including online giving campaigns, email solicitations, social media, and crowdfunding.
This position will report directly to the Development Director and work closely with the full Development Department, Communications Department, and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure consistency in all fundraising efforts.
● Working with the Development Director to develop, refine, and implement a development strategy, cultivate sources of revenue, anticipated cash flow, and strategies to identify, cultivate, and retain major donors;
● Prospecting and engaging HNW individuals, foundations and corporations to establish relationships that will result in new donations, renew past contributions, and event sponsorship;
● Collaborate effectively across departments within the organization;
● Preparing call sheets, execute call time, and staff call time for Senior Leadership Team members as needed;
● Collaborating with development staff to plan cultivation events for HNW individuals, and taking the lead on facilitating said events;
● Develop written materials in support of cultivation and solicitation activities, including proposals, letters and presentations for donors and briefing materials;
● Maintaining advanced knowledge and understanding of development techniques and fundraising best practices.
● Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; Graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field preferred.
● Minimum five years of experience in development with proven success in securing five and six figure level gifts.
● Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
● Sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding Truman business and sensitive donor information; high degree of self-motivation, personal discipline and integrity.
● Demonstrated tact and diplomacy and respect for confidentiality.
● Superior writing skills, with ability to quickly and professional prepare development materials (thank you notes, concept notes, proposals, etc.)
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while juggling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
● Familiarity with political financial structures and compliance requirements a plus.
● Working knowledge of CRM databases. Salesforce experience a plus.
● Working knowledge of emerging digital fundraising methods and technologies.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
● Strong commitment to the goals and values of Truman.
Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401K.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
Truman National Security Project and Truman Center for National Policy are equal opportunity employers.
For more information on the organization, please visit the website at www.trumanproject.org.