The Real News is looking for a Social Media Associate. The Social Media Associate will report to the Social Media Manager and work to grow the size and engagement of our varied local, national and international communities. The post is based in Baltimore.
A knowledge of political context, and social movements is required, as our content has strong political, economic, and social analysis and needs to be framed to relevant audiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of all major social media platforms, including tones of voices used and best practises. Knowledge of photoshop and premiere pro are desirable but not necessary.
The candidate would be required to post to social media channels for both days of the weekend, as we publish content on both days. This could be posting links to our articles, but also creating content such as memes, photo galleries, or gifs to enhance content.
Social media writing tasks include;
- Developing compelling content for social media and other digital communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Monitoring trends in social media and web to make recommendations for the Real News content.
- Providing reports of performance of weekend content as needed.
- Researching emerging trends/best practices in digital content writing to increase SEO
- Creating engaging content around political and social news
- Suggesting topics for short videos
Salary commensurate with responsibilities and experience, medical and dental plan, workers' compensation insurance, paid time off, holidays, professional development opportunities, and travel reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required