1900 2nd Avenue
An excellent opportunity for a full-time Registered Nurse, RN, to become a member of our multi-disciplinary team.
The Center for Comprehensive Health Practice (CCHP) is a multi-disciplinary community health center and substance abuse program located in East Harlem New York. Accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and supported by OASAS, the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse services and the National Health Services Corp, CCHP serves the most vulnerable communities in New York City.
A truly comprehensive health center that believes that the key to long lasting health is prevention. CCHP promotes health through its many patient education services. CCHP primarily serves East Harlem and the South Bronx but patients come from all five boroughs of New York City.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Triage patients (phone/walk-in) and provide medical care in collaboration with physicians in line with training and experience to patients at center facilities.
- Administer vaccines, medications and plant PPDs as requested by physician staff.
- Provide minor wound care and health education as needed.
- Take vitals and perform venipunctures as needed to prepare patients for medical visits.
- Maintain TB, communicable disease logs in order to ensure follow-up care and necessary reporting.
- Report communicable diseases and new cases of HIV to DOH as necessary.
- Serve as liaison to joint surgical clinic with Metropolitan Hospital.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations such as hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and VNS in collaboration with physician staff.
- Assist in Hepatitis C Clinic patient care coordination.
- Consult with collaborating physicians and treatment team on cases when needed in a timely period.
- Participate in Patient-Centered Medical Home team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in other assignments as required by Medical Director or Nursing Director.
- BSN (Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse, RN) in New York.
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years of direct patient care experience as an RN.
Excellent benefits which include:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Continuing Education Days
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plan
- And More!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration: Please email your CV to email@example.com and ensure to put the position title as the subject.