45-10 94th St
The Part-Time Program Coordinator position will assist the Community School Director (“CSD”) with community cultivation and direction of the day-to-day operations for UAP programs taking place at Community Schools. The Coordinator will be an integral part of the school community, and will report directly to the CSD. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with UAP’s program department and school-based staff to coordinate and support the key pillars of the community school initiative. The ideal candidate will have experience in youth program management, schedule, marketing and recruitment for services and programs, have understanding of the immediate community, and direct practice experience developing and building processes for smooth service dissemination. This position is specifically tied to the Community Schools grant which is a projected three-year funding source.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Urban Arts Partnership Program Supports
- Support observations and evaluations of a cohort of up to 10 TAs.
- Track program against schedule, budget, objectives and report back to supervisor.
- Support student engagement and attendance in all UAP related activities within the school community as they are developed.
- Manage supply budgets and session spend down
- Approve timesheets bi-weekly
- Review and approve purchase orders, reimbursements, petty cash requests and equipment request. Report back expenditures to supervisor.
- Direct Service
- Work in partnership with School Leadership Team; Community School Director and DOE Program Officers to develop individualized work plans in support of the community school pillars (Attendance; ELT/After-school; Mental Health; Career/College Readiness; Family Engagement; Community Partnerships)
- Assist in engaging parents and school community through participation in family meetings, workshops and student interventions.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of yearly community wide forum with purpose of ongoing needs assessment, engaging the community and external communities and providing positive public relations for the school
- Support coordination of school wide events and trips related to community school initiatives
- Service Impact & Evaluation
- Support data collection / monitoring, using school based data collection tools ie. New Visions Data Sorter
- Assist with conducting annual needs assessment - through face to face connections with people, institutions and resources in the community - and monitor over time to ensure the program offerings are updated to address emerging and evolving needs.
- Contribute to the maintenance of google doc folders of all documentation related to community school initiatives to be available for site visits, public relations, etc
- Community Collaborations, Outreach, and Networking
- Support the CSD in the cultivation of sustainable “in-kind and fee-for-service” Out-of-school Partnerships. Build strong connections with outside agencies and develop new partnerships with agencies that can bring resources into the school community making access more accessible.
- Participate in regular meetings with UAP staff, service providers, and school team.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with school partners in order to ensure programmatic success
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Willingness to travel to Queens (Elmhurst), NY
- Excellent networking, training, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in grassroots community outreach and organizing and youth development is desired.
- Understanding and knowledge of public school is helpful.
- Project Management, time management, and prioritizes work based on what’s important to the department.
- Organized, detailed, systems oriented
- Builds Relationships: Works effectively with people with diverse styles and backgrounds
- Builds effective working relationships within and across departments
- Communicates effectively with staff and partners
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required