Community Outreach Specialist - Full Time - Brooklyn/Queens
- Job posted by Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) celebrates its 35th Anniversary, we are looking for a dynamic and creative Community Outreach Specialist who can help ensure that OBT continues to be an active presence in the community and meets its annual goals for serving New York City youth and adults. The Community Outreach Specialist will engage local agencies, organizations and community members to identify individuals interested in participating in OBT’s work readiness programs by attending community events, developing local partnerships, and screening interested youth for eligibility. This person will additionally assist in developing a strategy to further strengthen OBT’s position in the community as a key resource for New York City families.
Reporting to the Director of Outreach and Community Partnerships, the Community Outreach Specialist will interact and collaborate with a variety of individuals and institutions, as well as coordinate with various internal staff to ensure departmental goals are met. We are looking for an innovative, engaging and organized professional who can develop key relationships, work independently, and manage multiple projects to meet OBT’s annual recruitment goals and develop our presence in the communities we serve.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a training program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Provide outreach and recruitment support for select sites and programs; work collaboratively to ensure program enrollment outcomes are met on a regular basis.
- Participate in community wide events (street fairs, festivals, etc.) to effectively promote all OBT programs.
- Assist with developing OBT’s outreach and recruitment strategy.
- Present OBT programs and services at various speaking engagements throughout the city.
- Follow up with confirmed Salesforce web inquiries/event contacts/partner referrals and direct to appropriate site/program.
- Update and/or input all Salesforce outreach data information as needed.
- Obtain content (photos, quotes, etc.) for OBT’s marketing platforms from community events
- Screen interested candidates for program eligibility and coordinate with staff on the candidate’s next steps in the application process
- Manage interns or volunteers that are assisting with Recruitment
- Assist with and participate in OBT’s Annual Fall Gala/Summer Soiree event (OBT’s biggest fundraiser for the year)
- Travel to all OBT sites and to various events across the five boroughs.
- Perform all other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor and Director of Outreach & Community Partnerships
- Minimum of Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimally two years of professional work experience in a relevant field, such as education, youth development, or social work
- Bilingual required (Spanish, Creole, or Chinese preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with Salesforce or other databases preferred
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have good customer service skills
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information required
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and punctuality for all events a must
- Must be able to work as a team player and independently, must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Exposure to multiple organizations and agencies providing a variety of services in NYC; expansion of network
- Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
- Company events and outings (Ongoing professional development; coaching; staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual required (Spanish, Creole, or Chinese preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply go to https://obtjobs.typeform.com/to/WlrBXA Enter Position code 3VUD2 when prompted.