253 West 125th Street
Position Summary: The Development Assistant will report to the Senior Manager of Individual Giving and provide primary administrative support to the Sr. Director of Development and the Individual Giving area. The incumbent will also provide broader support to the development department in the management of office activities and the development database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Development by:
- Managing calendar
- Managing expenses
- Scheduling and managing Development Committee and other board related meetings. Tasks include material preparation, tracking RSVPS, and other correspondence with board members and key stakeholders
- Other tasks as assigned
- Provide daily support to the entire Development team by:
- Managing and tracking the department’s annual budget
- Coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings
- Managing and ordering supplies
- Tracking performance tickets for cultivation events and other donor-related theater activity
- Other relative tasks/duties as assigned and or requested
- Provide database support through the following activities:
- Perform all gift entry in the development database, work with Special Events team to oversee gift entry during high volume periods
- Draft and send acknowledgement letters
- Provide weekly reports of the department’s efforts against goals
- Provide reports on current and prospective donors
- Assist in the maintenance of individual donor, board, and institutional records in both the database and paper files.
- Pull mailing lists and other data needs from the database for the Annual Report and Playbill Listings, etc.
- Work with the Individual Giving team to assist in the development and expansion of the membership program, benefit fulfillment activities, cultivation event management, direct mail appeals and overall supervision of development operations.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Individual Giving to provide administrative and event support to the EmpowHer Women’s Network.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 1+ years of experience in a fundraising office, preferably in the performing arts
· Bachelor's Degree, Masters in Arts Administration or other similar program preferred
· Experience with fundraising databases
· Experience with data reporting
· Strong writing skills
· Excellent skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with a good sense of prioritization and efficiency
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
· A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and sense of humor
· A collaborative and professional team spirit
· Experience interacting and working with diverse staff and donors
· Ability to develop strategies and promote change in systems and procedures when needed
· Must possess excellent customer service skills
· Possess the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
Must be able interact professionally with all levels within the organization
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include cover letter, resume and salary requirements!