SEIU 32BJ is looking for an experienced data analyst to join the data and strategy department. This position requires hands on experience in managing a business intelligence platform that supports a vital business operation. In addition to strong technical skills, the position requires exceptional business process analysis and interpersonal skills. The work is based at the Union’s headquarters in New York City.
With 163,000 members in eleven states and Washington DC, SEIU 32BJ is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for thousands of unorganized service workers.
We are committed to engaging our diverse membership and to developing members to lead in our organizing, political, social justice and contract campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining a mission critical business intelligence platform, focusing on usability and performance;
- Monitoring system usage, availability and stability with the goal of ensuring system uptime and data integrity;
- Serving as a point of contact for business users responding to system and data issues;
- Interpreting requirements into actionable options for data support and management;
- Working with data analysts, IT and business users to track development, testing and deployment.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience building and maintaining a business intelligence platform, preferably QlikView
- Basic relational databases knowledge and ability to write SQL queries is a must
- Hands on experience developing QVWs is a strong plus
- Experience tuning QVDs for performance and reliability is a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of users with varying technical skills
- Field experience in union, community organizing or electoral politics desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as team member
- Thrive in a collaborative fast paced environment with limited supervision
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours on occasion
32BJ offers a great work environment, the challenge and satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to creating good jobs in our economy while earning a competitive salary. An excellent benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision plans for full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter describing your experience and salary requirements to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Data” in the Subject line of your email.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.